Hello

I'm looking for a new guitar, and i've read nothing but good things about the 1570.
So i'm going to a guitar store to try it out ( and probably ending up buying it :P ).

But i heard the pups are more or less "bad".

So does anyone have any suggestion on what pups to get ?

I play almost only metal ('tallica, cob, sinergy, maiden etc.), but i'd like atleast one with a good/decent clean tone.

Also, they should be accessable in Europe / Sweden (where i live ;S)

It seems the guitar is more expensive here than in the US also I hope it'll be worth it

thanks in advance
Well, I personally like Seymour Duncans (but watch Dave MC eat me alive for that).

If you're in Europe, I would recommend Swinesheads. I believe they cost a little bit less than Seymour Duncans, or maybe around the same, but I hear they're better.

If you're one of those filthy rich kids, you could go for Bareknuckles, but they're about 100 GBP per pickup.
EMG 81 - in bridge to get the Ultimate Lead tone (Hammett and Hetfield both have them)
EMG-S or SA -In middle position (hammetts single coil pups)
EMG 60 - in Neck to get a powerful yet clean sound (Hetfields Neck Pup, listen to nothing else matters live, that is what they sound like...just brilliant)
What style of music do you play? That should be a big factor in your choice of pickup. The 1570 has demarzios right?
you want a Dimarzio super distoriton or Tone Zone at the bridge and a PAF Pro or Air Norton at the neck being basswood and maple EMGs will make it sound way too thin. You need pups with good bass and midrange with the treble rolled off a bit.
I second the Tone Zone. I'd also look at the Breed neck model. I want one.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
i say swinesheads or bareknuckles since you're in europe- the SH's are just over half what duncans go for here, vindication...

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk either an xbucker bridge (more modern metal) or warthog (more hard rock and 80's metal like maiden) and probably a runaway (better cleans) or warthog (better overdrive) in the neck.

www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk probably a nailbomb set.

EDIT: lundgren might be worth a look too, they're a swedish pickup company, i think. I haven't tried them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks for all the replies

i'll take custom's word about the EMGs' sound too thin, and i don't want that

I'll have a closer look at the DiMarzio's and Swineshead's . Any further suggestions or more specific ones on those?

@ the one who asked what music i played, it's in the first post i made.

" I play almost only metal ('tallica, cob, sinergy, maiden etc.), but i'd like atleast one with a good/decent clean tone. "
Where are you planning on getting the 1570 from and the pickups?

Otherwise, I can recommend Swinesheads, a mate of mine bought a nailbomb and loves it to death, so I reckon those are quite good. Oh, and they're pretty much Dave's favorite so
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

^ nailbombs are bareknuckle..
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Kryptonite_0194
Where are you planning on getting the 1570 from and the pickups?

Otherwise, I can recommend Swinesheads, a mate of mine bought a nailbomb and loves it to death, so I reckon those are quite good. Oh, and they're pretty much Dave's favorite so

i'm getting the 1570 from a guitar store like 40 min away. Not sure about the pickups yet though, depends on which ones i decide to get

Keep em' coming, pros. and cons. with the DiMarzio and Swinesheads/Bareknuckles?
they all good, it depends on your amp..... What amp do you have??

Btw EMGs will be hard, because you need to route it in etc.
Quote by sylent
they all good, it depends on your amp..... What amp do you have??

Btw EMGs will be hard, because you need to route it in etc.

I've already ruled-out the EMGs

Atm i have a Kustom 65w amp. But i'm getting a tube when i'm buying the guitar