hey i need to know the key/ common chord progressions of emo type music i guess, like underoath and sound the alarm
i dont listen to it but from what i gather its in E minor and/or B alot which i believe are relative keys
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
first of all, underoath is not emo, but if you want to play them- drop D, play powerchords simultaneously with octave chords, add in some random fills over it and voila. most of underoath's stuff is played in the above style, with "the changing of the times" being slightly more brutal in terms of random off key thrashing, etc, also much more prevalent synth and piano parts. make sure to go into drop D tuning, that "emo type" of music is almost always in D.
yea i knew underoath isnt emo, but thats the only way i can think of describing them, im in drop d, im always in drop d, also which is the e minor power chord, and the b just for future reference, i used to know em but its been a while
Quote by californian91
yea i knew underoath isnt emo, but thats the only way i can think of describing them, im in drop d, im always in drop d, also which is the e minor power chord, and the b just for future reference, i used to know em but its been a while

Try "Post-Hardcore" for a genre.

I hate genres too, but that's probably the best place to put Underoath.