Page 1 of 2
Who is your favorite guitarist of all time? Why?

This should have some diverse results hahaha
Leader of the We Hate Squiers Club

PM gibsonsg2006 to join

Jimmy Page
I like Angus Young because of his energy and tapping skill.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Alexi Laiho. Dimebag, Zakk Wylde are my faves for obvious reasons.
What Comes Before Part B? Partaaaaay!

Quote by HammettHead
lmao psykopoo ur a bloody genius!
Joe Perry just because he's Joe Perry. He's sexy, he has style and he's the reason i'm playing guitar.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Eric Clapton for being a god and making music what it is today

*** #2 is Stevie Ray Vaughan for being just plain perfect
David Gilmore and or John Frusciante
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
thanks to everyone who's posted so far... as u can tell from my sig., im a Jimmy Page man. Steve Vai and Angus are great too.

Bad Horsie was a great video by the way
Leader of the We Hate Squiers Club

PM gibsonsg2006 to join

Jimmy Page
John Frusciante and Billy Corgan.
Quote by BumOffBarney
And everyone in this thread, get a life. With the exception of trexgrinder or something like that
Jimmy Page for taking the blues to a whole new level. Led Zeppelin's stuff is powerful, it never gets old.

Jack White for doing sort of the same thing.

Let's not forget Jimi Hendrix for practically revolutionizing rock and roll. He was the Mozart of our time.

Dimebag Darrel for saving metal and making it heavier. The man lived a legacy, it's a shame that that legacy didn't last longer.
Last edited by Ablazean at May 12, 2006,
Dimebag was THE guitar player, and still is if you ask me. TOM MORELLO is damn good, too. I guess I'll go with SRV and I'll also say the guitar player from System O.A.D. is awesome. I'm done...
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Eric Clapton. I'd rather watch him play live than have sex with my girlfriend and her girlfriend at the same time. He's *that* damn good.

Neal Schon. Amazing guitar player, and Journey rules! .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Jimmy Page and David Gilmour
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
Angus young for turning me on to the SG and i know this sounds gay but when i was 12 you know "punk" was what i was into so i ahve to say Billie Joe just cuz hes the one who turned me on to guitar
Eric Clapton...do i need an explanation?

EDIT:the guy aboved me reminded me, i cant forget BJ cuz even green day isnt on my top 5 fav bands today, they were sorta like my gateway to music, them and the beatles. But Eric Clapton pwns Bj any day.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Alexi Laiho, malmsteen, rhoads, dime, and laiho again.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Depends, I like Hendrix for emotion, Malmsteen or MAB for technicality,etc. But my fav is probably James Hetfield because I love his rythms. I find myself paying more attention to the rythms than the solos sometimes. Plus I'm a rythm player.
I shall be the only person to state this next guitarist lol. It's a near certainty. I vote for Mike Turner, since his guitar work was what made me want to play the guitar in the first place. (I've said this enough now, but I'll say it again. Mike Turner was the guitarist for Our Lady Peace for their first 4 albums [the best 4 lol])
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by ProjectDark
David Gilmore and or John Frusciante

Not to be a smartass, but his name is spelled Gilmour.

My favourite is Jimmy Page, with Slash as a runner up because he's a good(not great) guitarist and a cool guy. Jimmy Page for his passion in music, and the excellence of his work.

EDIT: Oh, and i recently got turned on to david gilmour myself. I only didn't think of him coz its so recent. I like him because of the solo in "comfortably numb". Its THE greatest solo i've ever heard. I mean that literarily. Imo that is.
Last edited by guitarforever<3 at May 12, 2006,
Michael Romeo

Earlier I would've said somebody else but recently i've just been really into symphony x and their entire guitar style that sounds neo-classical and everything and I just love it.
wow here it is..........

1. Steve Vai

2. Jimi Hendrix

3. Eric Clapton

4. Dimebag Darrel

5. Jimmy Page

Damn there are so many awesome guitarist out there like zakk wylde, SRV, malmsteem, joe satrini they all good!
as you can tell by my name...synyster gates of a7x (even thought its mostly chromatic stuff) bcuz hes a big inspiration

YOU PPL ARE RETARDS!!! NO ONE SAID THE GREAT RANDY RHOADS!

RIP dimebag, i just saw a tv show on vh1 about pantera and the effect it had on guitarists, no, it had an effect on metal in general was just tremendous. i never listend to them, but i know they were one of the metal pioneers. me being a metalhead, i hate what happened to him because no that i know about him, hes a big influence on my guitar playing.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06
as you can tell by my name...synyster gates of a7x (even thought its mostly chromatic stuff) bcuz hes a big inspiration

YOU PPL ARE RETARDS!!! NO ONE SAID THE GREAT RANDY RHOADS!

RIP dimebag, i just saw a tv show on vh1 about pantera and the effect it had on guitarists, no, it had an effect on metal in general was just tremendous. i never listend to them, but i know they were one of the metal pioneers. me being a metalhead, i hate what happened to him because no that i know about him, hes a big influence on my guitar playing.

Sry dude, but the last thing you want to say to people here is what you said lol. Anyway, Yah, I forgot my runners up, Morello, and the classics (they've been said enough already lol)
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
FRUSCIANTE, nuff said.

And I am a big fan of Wes Montegomery and Randy Rhoads.

Whoah, I can't believe I forgot Santana, send me to bloody hell for that one
Last edited by CrimsonRoc at May 12, 2006,
Randy Rhoads for he is my insparation and the reason i picked an axe up in the first place when i was 5 and i found out he was dead i cried.lol.listen to blizzard and diary and u know y hes my fav
i can't believe two people said malmsteen, that guy is all technique and no flow
anyways

clapton
page
frusciante
morello
A tie between Randy Rhoads and EVH
Strange beautiful grass of green,
With your majestic silver seas
Your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer
May I land my kinky machine
John Frusciante first and foremost....with an honorable mention for John Mayer because I just realized how he can play different styles of guitar that I like.

and BB and Santana are also cool.
Quote by Jehuty
Chase your dreams.
Dude these are mine

1-Yngwie Malmsteen

2-Steve Vai

3-Paul Gilbert

4-Jimi Hendrix

5-Clapton

That list kicks everyones ass. How could u say taht malmsteen sucks. Your the most retarded person i have ever heard. He could kick the **** out of your skills and pretty much everyone elses. Steve Vai could probly beat him but i like Malmsteen better. You are a disgrace to guitar players everywhere latenight57. YOUR A FAG!
i ****ing love Frusciante and i think id have to say hes my favorite because the influence hes had on some of my playing and RHCP is my favorie band but i do beleive Steve vai is the best player on earth and i give huge props Daron malakian and Slash
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
I don't actually have a favourite guitarist. I like at a lot of guitarists for what they do with the instrument. Some are just "perfect", some create a catchy riff and others just have little things in their technique that make a song worth listening to.

Paradise Lost for instance has really catchy riffs in "As I Die" while you go listen to ANYTHING by U2 and the Edge has that amazing skill to make rythm guitar sound sexy.
Quote by onemanarmy9
I shall be the only person to state this next guitarist lol. It's a near certainty. I vote for Mike Turner, since his guitar work was what made me want to play the guitar in the first place. (I've said this enough now, but I'll say it again. Mike Turner was the guitarist for Our Lady Peace for their first 4 albums [the best 4 lol])

Yr not the only one dude, OLP was definitely an influence for me to start playing guitar, though I also think Steve Mazur is pretty good.

Main influnece, as ive said before, is The Edge, simply because he's innovative. I like the idea that he's not afraid to mess around with his sound, and that he uses his effects to build parts rather than to colour them.

Runners up are Morello, Lifeson and Frusciante (sp?)
Quote by Macank
^^ strat? i want to get a stratocaster sound though!!

Fender Classic 60's Strat
Yamaha AES 720 (On the way!!!)
Ibanez GAX 30
Traynor YCV 40
Boss DS-1
EHX Big Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Ibanez CF-7
Ibanez DE-7
Quote by imprisoned

How could u say taht malmsteen sucks. Your the most retarded person i have ever heard. He could kick the **** out of your skills and pretty much everyone elses. Steve Vai could probly beat him but i like Malmsteen better. You are a disgrace to guitar players everywhere latenight57. YOUR A FAG!

ill agree with him except for the flaming and the harsh tongue but i do beleive Yngwie should get huge props even though i like Vai better Yngwie was my first OMG this guy is amazing he is very MUSICAL may lack emotion at time but thats where he has chosen to take his music to be creative in a way that pleases the ear mabe ot so much the emotion which classical composer have done time and time again.
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
Page 1 of 2