Ok i screwed up last time I posted original music so this time i'll do it right.

Icarus Love

This song is three years old now and was recorded in my old home studio. I've just built a new one and will have the last song I did available shortly.

Crit for Crit. I love hearing everyone elses music. There is so much creativity on this board.
This is really cool. A tad boring though, it needs something else in the beginning to add some interest. The lead that was on the left sounded to soft, non of the problems were with playing or anything, just with the mixing.

Its really great, you might want to remaster it though.4

Check my siggy for my song.

Its not rock, but hey..

(I really need to get some mics.)
BOLD.
hi there wookie. nothin constructive to say, really... the lyrics r pretty cool and i love the music - all of it.
so... me likes good job.
ana.

EDIT: btw, can i ask how old r u? i'm quite curious about that..
so who do i have to kill to get a crit? --> Memory

(e-cookie for whoever spots the alliteration, ha)

y cuando llegue el momento, sólo el viento se llevará lo que siento; y cuando acabe mi suerte, sólo en la muerte estaré fuerte y despierto...
right, thought u'd be somewhere around twenty-smth (u don't sound like a 15 yr old or anythin lol). but i'm wonderin, why icarus? i mean, ancient roman and greek mythology is so vast... why him and not any other?
yeah, we usually have more to write about as years go by, the only problem is we have less time - at least i do lol.

y cuando llegue el momento, sólo el viento se llevará lo que siento; y cuando acabe mi suerte, sólo en la muerte estaré fuerte y despierto...
same problem. what time????

icarus because its about not betraying yourself with your own confidence, and not being careful when you know and have been told of the dangers.

the song is about falling for a recovering addict. and then having it all fall apart again.
i c... nice
i'd like to hear some more of your stuff, hope u'll be postin smth soon.

Maybe it's my speakers, but the recording quality on everything except the opening guitar is really crisp. The guitar though, I found extremely muddy and hard to really make out. That's my only complaint. Really, I thought everything else was perfectly done, and I think I tend to find a lot of problems were others don't. I'm really impressed. Even the delay on your voice, which I think is far too easy to over/misuse is well done. Good job, and I mean that.

If you feel like commenting on my inferior work, you have two songs to choose from:
The Harp's Dawn and In the Tail of the Comet
Last edited by Kidzelda at May 12, 2006,
That was kinda the idea. using the delay on the guitar i was trying to get a real sence of motion. when it was too bright it just clashed with the vocals so i took off some of the hi end.

i'm off to check out your stuff.
Well, if that's the idea, then I guess there isn't much I can say. I just thought the fact that everything else in the song was SO crisp and stood out so well, that it created a huge conflict with the incomprehensible guitar. But that's me, and if you like it the way you have it, it's your song. Thanks for checking out my stuff.
probably the best all around song i've heard on here, great vocals, guitar, drums, sound quality, great song
holy crap, those vocals, not only the best sounding on UG that i've ever heard, by far outstanding, simply AMAZING sound quality with the vox, just you REALLY couldnt ask for better vocals on that track.

ok everything sounds great actually, just REALLY well mixed. obviously you've done this before

i didnt think icarus is a wierd name.. but thats cuz im a Maiden fan ("flight of the icarus" :P)

but yeah i REALLY liked it, and usually i dont listen to this kinda music.