Okay, i heard it somewhere, a long time ago, that if you take all the strings off your guitar, that it will screw up the neck or something. Since I haven't got the balls to try it, i'm just asking if its true? will it really **** up the neck?
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
I don't think you'll have a problem if you take them all off and then go and replace them. I think the thing with the neck has to do with having the strings off for a long time.
it might not screw up the neck, but if you have a floating bridge, ex- strat then it messes up the springs and the tension with those
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
Pretty much if theres drastic changes in temperature, i heard the neck might warp or something because of the change of pressure.
Not unless you leave them off for ages.
You'll be fine.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Ah damn, I have a strat. fudge.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
i have a floating bridge and i take all strings off once in awhile to clean neck and body really well. It hasnt been a problem for me, i have done this hundreds of times. I did hear that if the strings were cut/snapped off all at same time it might cause the neck to shift/tweak...???maybe, beats me.
as long as you have new strings handy. but why would you take old strings off w/o new ones?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06
as long as you have new strings handy. but why would you take old strings off w/o new ones?

To clean the fretboard.

And just don't leave your guitar stringless for too long. It'll be okay.

Quote by xsynysterx06

To get the scratchplate off.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
aww man. I think i ****ed it up. The E, A, and D strings sound like they're hitting metal and give off this metallic sound when i strum them. But i only replaced 3 at a time. >.<
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

Well, i'm using an electric tuner just in case and if i try to reach for a higher E/A/D, they'll snap.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

Quote by Fyre Deity
Well, i'm using an electric tuner just in case and if i try to reach for a higher E/A/D, they'll snap.

Well, check the tension of the strings. You've played in standard tuning before I assume. You should know about how much tension there is on a string when it is tuned. If you don't think you can make it still, raise the action.

>=] Ah, merci, monsiour! The problem has been solved!
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why