So I recently got a band going and we've started doing shows. Our problem is, we cannot hear each other. We can each hear ourselves, but not what the other person is doing.

Can monitors fix this problem? What are cheap but still pretty decent monitors? How many will we need (there is a drummer, other guitarist, bassist, vocalist)? What else do I need to run the monitors (mixers, etc. etc. etc.)
Yeah, just some small monitors that you can set on a stand in front of the band. Two shoudl be enough, maybe three if the drummer cant' hear. And tehy shoudl be able to run through a mixer, I'm not sure how you shodu lhook up a pa or snything else though. Wait for soemone who knows or ask a local sound tech during your next gig or osmething.
Quote by kaplac
Yeah, just some small monitors that you can set on a stand in front of the band. Two shoudl be enough, maybe three if the drummer cant' hear. And tehy shoudl be able to run through a mixer, I'm not sure how you shodu lhook up a pa or snything else though. Wait for soemone who knows or ask a local sound tech during your next gig or osmething.

Thanks kaplac. I've seen those HotSpot monitors around, are they any good?
You have to have a PA-system, you just mick the guitar amplifiers and the bass amp and the drums If it's needed (and the vocals are of course already plugged in there . Then you have a mixertable and have them hooked up to that and THen you problably will have som PA-speakers near the stage somewhere which point towards the audience and your monitors point against you. The monitor's are also hooked up to the mixer (from there you can controll everything. A good man bhind the Mixer makes a Band sound so mch better)
Last edited by assel at May 14, 2006,
Quote by assel
You have to have a PA-system, you just mick the guitar amplifiers and the bass amp and the drums If it's needed (and the vocals are of course already plugged in there . Then you have a mixertable and have them hooked up to that and THen you problably will have som PA-speakers near the stage somewhere which point towards the audience and your monitors point against you. The monitor's are also hooked up to the mixer (from there you can controll everything. A good man bhind the Mixer makes a Band sound so mch better)

Thanks for the help assel.