I've been playing guitar for a while, and ever since I got it I have been wondering how to get the guitar to sound smooth, like it is talking, it's not a wah, I was thinking it was maybe a dynamic or auto-wah but I'm still not sure, I was also thinking maybe you had to have 2 pick-ups to do it and like they pick-up the sound at different times and kinda mix them together, but yeah that's to technical I think, but anyways, here is a video showing what I mean. It's the second sound he does, he is just demonstracting a pedal, but at first he does the smooth sound with the pedal turned off and it's just a fuzz pedal. So, can anyone help? It's the after he stops playing at the beginning and talks a little, then he plays it.

Right here it is
im not sure what u mean but.... i used to have a starcaster tht sounded terrible. scratchy and flat.

i have a paul reed smith now and the clean on this guitar is warm and creamy i think thts wht u mean by needing a smooth sound. it prolly just depends on the woods used in yur body and the quality of yur pickups.
just use your neck p-up
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
also mess with ur tone knobs. santana uses deeper clean tones at first to invite the listener into the song then he switches to an edgier sound later.
Ah, I see, but he also has the harder sound
So like that guitar he is using plays both hard and smooth. I'm using a BC Rich Warlock with just 1 humbucker, but it all sounds harse, I have tried all kinds of settings on Equalizer pedals, and Flanger pedals set at low depths... but no avail!
yea man BC Rich probably isnt the best choice for that smooth sound... get something hollow
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
Beside that, its a slightly overdriven amp. On a tube amp, thats clean channel, with a bit of volume (enough for a tiny bit of breakage).. on a good neck pickup (single coils especially) it sounds creamy, smooth and wonderful. Try lots of mids too...
A BC Rich, eh?

Well, that's the problem right there.

They aren't made to make smooth sound.
Ha, well thanks all, what about a Squair with 3 single coils, can I get the sound with that?
Squiar = .... Squier? >=/
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
well I've got a fender tele. I think I know exactly what smooth creamy sound you're talking about .
My LP Standard Plays smooth with both pickups active, in fact I love the tone so much through my Marshall 5 mins can become 5hrs, but you have to have gage 9 strings makes me all warm inside, oh wait I just wet my pants.