Some one please show me how to do an extended G scale starting at the third fret I don't no if it's minor or major or what.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
Y.A.H. That is so going on my signature I will start a Club wanta join he he awhh!Oh well
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
There are so many scales in the key of G, your gonna have to be a little more specific.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

"Extended" G Major Scale:

[font="Courier New"]    1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     10    11    12
e|-----|--F#-|--[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]--|-----|--A--|-----|--B--|--C--|-----|--D--|-----|--E--|
B|--C--|-----|--D--|-----|--E--|-----|--F#-|--[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]--|-----|--A--|-----|--B--|
[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]|-----|--A--|-----|--B--|--C--|-----|--D--|-----|--E--|-----|--F#-|--[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]--|
D|-----|--E--|-----|--F#-|--[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]--|-----|--A--|-----|--B--|--C--|-----|--D--|
A|-----|--B--|--C--|-----|--D--|-----|--E--|-----|--F#-|--[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]--|-----|--A--|
E|-----|--F#-|--[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]--|-----|--A--|-----|--B--|--C--|-----|--D--|-----|--E--|[/FONT]

The red notes are the root of the scale.
^how does that work when it doesnt star on G
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
it does start on G. the third fret of the 6th string.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
A scale does not start or end on a specific note. All scales can be played all over the fretboard. For example, you can play a scale on only one string.

The G Major Scale has the notes: G A B C D E F#. These are the notes you see on the fretboard diagram shown above. When you improvise you can play any of those notes. To begin with, make sure every phrase you play ends on any of the red notes. These are the root notes of the scale. You should really try to emphasize the root notes when you improvise.

You are probably asking for the major scale box pattern in the first position (I think), and in two octaves. It can be played like this:
[font="Courier New"]   2     3     4     5   
|--F#-|--[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]--|-----|-----|
|-----|--D--|-----|--E--|
|--A--|-----|--B--|--C--|
|--E--|-----|--F#-|--[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]--|
|--B--|--C--|-----|--D--|
|-----|--[color="Red"]G[/COLOR]--|-----|--A--|[/FONT]

This can be a very limiting way of applying a scale to the guitar, since you can't slide, hammer-on or pull off to/from a note that is on another string than the first note played. For example, you can't do a hammer-on from the D note on the 5th string to the E note on the 4th string. Those "effects" is what brings riffs/improvising/soloing alive!
just a major scale in G nothing special just be sure that if your going to improvise in a certain scale and key, that you know your entire fretboard that way or you'll end up playing the same sh*t over and over again and sound like crap
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club