i am in the highschool band and i play alto sax (yea baby!!!) and i was wondering if you think saxophone can be counted in a rock band?
my dog looks like a lard
yea u listen to ska?
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Plenty of rock bands use them. George Thorogood and the Destroyers, along with Supertramp are just 2 that I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there are others.

Bob Seger's another I just remembered. They're all classic rock bands but I know there are more modern bands that have saxaphones too, I just can't think of any right now.
Originally posted by Gopher636
sure, sure, all that works. but in bed, he'll make you a level 3 goblin-wh*re and he'll be a level 90 sexmaster, equipped with mystical leather whips and handcuffs of Merlin.
Hell yeah they are!

The saxaphone player in that band is f*cking awesome!
Originally posted by Gopher636
sure, sure, all that works. but in bed, he'll make you a level 3 goblin-wh*re and he'll be a level 90 sexmaster, equipped with mystical leather whips and handcuffs of Merlin.
Pink Floyd uses them (and very well I might add)
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
pink floyd uses saxaphone and even some of the songs on use your illusion 1 & 2 by guns n roses
yeah the saxophone solo in another brick in the wall pt.2 is crazy
my dog looks like a lard
Some Aerosmith and Lynyrd Skynyrd songs have sax in them.
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
The Zutons use quite a bit of sax. I used to play, and now I regret giving it up.
Two words: David Bowie.
"Soul Love" and "Moonage Daydream" both have incredible saxophone parts in them. Not to mention David Bowie kicks ass.
Springsteen makes pretty good use of the saxophone as well. Obviously, "Born to Run" immediately comes to mind.
Ooh, almost forgot The Clash! "The Right Profile" makes excellent use of the sax as well.
Oh my, there are just too many great sax pieces!
^ word to the David Bowie. I think he originally wanted to play sax in Little Richard's band.

I really want a horn section in my band, but it'd be too much money to pay all of them. I just would love the harmonies I could create with them.
Quote by psychodelia
^ word to the David Bowie. I think he originally wanted to play sax in Little Richard's band.

I really want a horn section in my band, but it'd be too much money to pay all of them. I just would love the harmonies I could create with them.

Know what comes to mind when you mention that? "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin. The big Moroccan band version they have on the Un-Ledded concert... ohhhhhh man [drools]. A must-see if you haven't seen it already.
Quote by psychodelia
I'll try to see it... is that a DVD?

It might be... I'm not sure. The only way I have it is because my brother recorded it onto VHS when it aired on MTV. You can probably find it somewhere on DVD, though.