What phaser sounds best with distortion? EH small stone, phase 90, phase 100, or that maxon one?
Probably the phase 90 or the small stone. I'm really not familiar with either, personally... but the artists I listen to who use them with distortion seem to get a good sound. What sound are you going for? Like an EVH tone?
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
basically, like im not trying to nail that tone but just the classic phaser with dist sound.
Ok, I think the Phase 90 would be better for you. You might try the Musicians Friend sound files for both of them first. MXR made an EVH phaser based on the Phase 90, but from what I've heard, it's pretty sub-standard to the real thing.
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
wrath, you never used either one and yet you give advice???
i have a small stone (russian) and i use it w/ a ds-1 and a tubescreamer. the small stone works for me.
evh phase 90, mine sounds fine with distortion, sounds perfectly fine to me, i use the block logo though. I use mine for iron maiden and classic phasing as well, like EVH. It works fine with me
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM