okay so i have guitar pro (4 cuz i'm cheap and downloaded it thru limewire) ne way I was wondering if there is ne way to just turn the bass and drums into an mp3 to put on my ipod so i i can play along with it through my gnx3

thx
Probably...

By the way I can't help you...
...Sorry.

EDIT: I can heh.
Just export the GP file as a MIDI then convert it, simple.
Yeah mate there is - I wrote it all out and my comp crashed, so Ill retype it and get it too you asap........

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Hey mate,

Here is the stuff I said I?d send!

1) Turn the volume down to zero on all the tracks you don?t want to hear.
2) All the tracks you do want to have ? lower their volumes to about 6 or 7, as when they are too loud they tend to distort and produce really poor sounds.
3) Go File > Export > Wave File (audio)
4) Stereo Mix
5) Format PCM
6) Attributes > 44.100 kHz, 16 bit, stereo, 172 kb/sec
7) Save the file to a location
8) ?You can now use the play/stop button to record. Start at the beginning of the track. One you press play, let the song run all the way through until the end WITOUT you stopping it! (This ensures the whole track is recorded!)
9) It will then say something like, ?Track has been recorded to??.?
10) Then, I use the LAME encoder to export the track as an MP3 ? in Audacity ? go Project > import audio > choose your song
11) Then go file > export as MP3

That?s how I do it. If you have any problems re post or PM me for any questions you have. I use GP for all my backing tracks ? I import them into Audacity and play my guitar part over the top, then export as an MP3. If you don?t have Audacity, run a google search, coz I cant remember where I got mine!!! Or ask around on UG.

Hope that helps mate,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
download 5 off of torrents
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Quote by danastasi
Hey mate,

Here is the stuff I said I?d send!

1) Turn the volume down to zero on all the tracks you don?t want to hear.
2) All the tracks you do want to have ? lower their volumes to about 6 or 7, as when they are too loud they tend to distort and produce really poor sounds.
3) Go File > Export > Wave File (audio)
4) Stereo Mix
5) Format PCM
6) Attributes > 44.100 kHz, 16 bit, stereo, 172 kb/sec
7) Save the file to a location
8) ?You can now use the play/stop button to record. Start at the beginning of the track. One you press play, let the song run all the way through until the end WITOUT you stopping it! (This ensures the whole track is recorded!)
9) It will then say something like, ?Track has been recorded to??.?
10) Then, I use the LAME encoder to export the track as an MP3 ? in Audacity ? go Project > import audio > choose your song
11) Then go file > export as MP3

That?s how I do it. If you have any problems re post or PM me for any questions you have. I use GP for all my backing tracks ? I import them into Audacity and play my guitar part over the top, then export as an MP3. If you don?t have Audacity, run a google search, coz I cant remember where I got mine!!! Or ask around on UG.

Hope that helps mate,

Dan

thanks man that helps me out alot
Quote by cray159
thanks man that helps me out alot

Hey man,

Thats not a problem! If anyone is having any problems with it, PM or post and i'll help you out the best I can (That should pretty much be everything you need to know to do it.)

With the recording quality, (44.100, etc.) You can choose which ever one you want - this is the one I use and I have never had any problems with it!

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Last edited by danastasi at May 14, 2006,
Quote by Chromeproguitar
download 5 off of torrents

...Or just buy it instead of being a cheap bastard...

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
wow dude thats a good ****in idea, im in the same position i have a gnx4 and want to do that
www.purevolume.com/brianoneal
Quote by FacingUsAll
...Or just buy it instead of being a cheap bastard...

being a cheap bastard is fun.

besides, i think a lot of us would rather spend hundreds of dollars on a new guitar rather than recording/tab/whatever software... can i get an amen? lol
Quote by ironman316
being a cheap bastard is fun.

besides, i think a lot of us would rather spend hundreds of dollars on a new guitar rather than recording/tab/whatever software... can i get an amen? lol

AMEN!
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
i tried it, but the volume on the tracks come out way to low any suggestions?
Quote by cray159
i tried it, but the volume on the tracks come out way to low any suggestions?

You can raise the volume of a track you want, its just then when I first did it, all my recordings were distorted and were clipping and I couldn't figure out why. try recording at a few different volumes if you like. It will probably only start to distort at the higher volumes. Any problems PM me or repost.

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by danastasi
You can raise the volume of a track you want, its just then when I first did it, all my recordings were distorted and were clipping and I couldn't figure out why. try recording at a few different volumes if you like. It will probably only start to distort at the higher volumes. Any problems PM me or repost.

Dan

i recorded at the highest possible volume and it still recorded really faintly and it sounded kinda muddy.
Quote by cray159
i recorded at the highest possible volume and it still recorded really faintly and it sounded kinda muddy.

Hey mate - I have tried about 8 times to post my reply, but my comp freezes everytime I try to post a large reply. The PM doenst work either. Can you please give me your email address and I will email the soloution to you asap.

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by cray159

Cray, if your still stuck - send me your email address - I've figured it out I think!!! Anyone else who's stuck, please send me ur email and I'll email the soloution coz my comp dies when I try to post a large reply!!!

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by danastasi
Cray, if your still stuck - send me your email address - I've figured it out I think!!! Anyone else who's stuck, please send me ur email and I'll email the soloution coz my comp dies when I try to post a large reply!!!

Cheers,

Dan

nah its cool, i figured it out.

thanks alot bro