strat

Or

les paul

i play mostly rock and metal. i wana upgrade from my ibanez sa160.
Last edited by nawawa at May 13, 2006,
if you play any form of metal get a les paul
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
les paul would be good for a mix of blues and classic rock
strats are more jazzy and are not really good for shredding and the level of distortion used in metal, they have a lot of humming.
I recommend u go for ESP ltd guitars or BC Rich or even Ibanez (look at RG's or S470's)
If you've got money, any guitar with a floyd rose double locking trem and EMG pickups would be perfect for metal and any rock genre.
Cheers
ive got a squier strat and ive played the fender. Its an all round guitar, although les paul look ten times better. U really do get bored lookin at the strat! If you play rock and metal, il say the les paul. or a ibanez rg450. Strats more poppy for my likin!
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
Last edited by herschel at May 13, 2006,
Les paul
Originally posted by: rich sg
And God said unto Jesus: "Son, is there anything you want to talk about?"
And Jesus replied: "Get off my back, Dad! Judas Priest your such a frickin' homophobe! FACE!"
And so Jesus was crucified.
well i have both - a fender and a les paul...

and i would say the strat! - its pretty damn hard to get up to those high frets and solo...

but both r still good guitars
If it were any other VS topic I'd say the Strat, but I think that Wylde LP is better for your needs.

I bet you'd love either guitar though.
If you play metal then definetly go with the Les Paul. If you play blues and clean stuff go with the strat.

It really depends on how heavy the music you play is.
No ones really helped a great deal lol, theres like 5 people saying strats, 5 saying les pauls. Basically go to a music shop or something a try both out, see which sound you like better.
i would go for the les paul, becuase they give off a great tone and they're incredibly shreddable. Good Luck choosing.
Leader of the We Hate Squiers Club

PM gibsonsg2006 to join

Jimmy Page
Quote by power1
definitely a strat

why the heck would you recommend a strat for the kind of music he plays? just a fanboy quick endorsement?

you want some form of guitar with humbuckers if you want rock and metal. the les paul would do although you can get other les paul knockoffs that are better quality then an epi like an agile or an ESP or LTD.

a strat has single coil pickups and won't be able to do the crunch you want or need.
Well, you want humbuckers.

Either a Les Paul or save that money, buy a fat strat and upgrade the humbucker. With a fat strat you could have a nice metal sound from the humbucker (if the humbucker is upgraded, and assuming you have a nice amp), but still have the single coils for nice cleans. Its all preference. I hate the les paul due to its weight, uncomfortable body, and its bridge, but hey thats me. Go try 'em out.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by Ihearthetfield
If you play blues and clean stuff go with the strat.

What? LPs are amazing for blues.

Anyway, there completely different so I don't know how you could have narrowed it down to those two. You could get a fat strat if you need a humbucker sound or whatever
lp all the way
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
yeah, I've been playing strats since I first started, and I'm really getting sick of these single coils
Quote by bonchie1
why the heck would you recommend a strat for the kind of music he plays? just a fanboy quick endorsement?

you want some form of guitar with humbuckers if you want rock and metal. the les paul would do although you can get other les paul knockoffs that are better quality then an epi like an agile or an ESP or LTD.

a strat has single coil pickups and won't be able to do the crunch you want or need.

You can get HH strats, and yes they can do metal.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
I say Les Paul, that's bcause that's my favourite type of guiatr for the music I play. Try them both out, and see whichc sound you like better.
Quote by NAME GOES HERE

Did you see what I did there? I made fun of his mom!
eclipse from esp. It has a Les paul type body. Very nice, it has no-effect-fingerprints on that beauty (maybe except the head but hey who touches the headstock?). Plus 24 frets or 25 i think but more than ur known gibson les paul guitar. Try it and it has mahogany body combined with emg 81's nice for metal.
Get a fat Strat and change the Humbucker for a BK MiricleMan or a warhog. I have a strat copy and a Les Paul I really do prefer my Strat now since I went back and played on it.
i would go with the les paul. but thats just my opinion. try them both out see what you think
Strat, definitely strat.

I like hearing Les Pauls but I hate playing them, they're heavy, clumbsy, and slow. I can't really switch positions quick enough, the neck feels thick.
They sound great (real Les Pauls, that epi.. eh), but I'd DEFINITELY go with the strat.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by AngilasGuy
Strat, definitely strat.

I like hearing Les Pauls but I hate playing them, they're heavy, clumbsy, and slow. I can't really switch positions quick enough, the neck feels thick.
They sound great (real Les Pauls, that epi.. eh), but I'd DEFINITELY go with the strat.

its not about how it plays...how heavy it is...or what the neck feels like. its about the style he wants to play and a strat simply can't do metal or classic rock. the sound is to thin with the single coils. even a fat strat isn't gonna have the same bite hes looking for.
Quote by theanticipated
les paul would be good for a mix of blues and classic rock
strats are more jazzy and are not really good for shredding

This makes no sense at all. A strat is for blues-rock (eric clapton, stevie ray vaughan) and a Les Paul is for the Harder kinds of rock. Next to that, a strat is a better for shredding then a les paul.
If i were you i'd get the Les Paul
I sold my soul for Rock 'n' Roll

Quote by CSguitarvocal
you've just proven that you're the most ignorant fuck on this website...

Thank you
Quote by darknessfan
Whenever I sit down to play guitar, I always need to pee in like 3 minutes. Is this weird?

Owned
i have both...and its not the tpe of guitar,itsd the guitar player that makes most the sounds (and sweet ass distortion pedels) pick the one tht feels right then buy like a digi death metel or metal master and your set