Firstly I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this, but I have looked around, and read the rules and so forth, but they left me more confused than anything else.
Also I didn't want to hijack anyone else's thread.

I was given this guitar by my father (who was given it by a friend back in high school), and as no one here plays, I'm thinking of selling it.

Only problem is, that no one seems to be able to tell me what it is.
It was originally red and white, but my father resprayed it.
It had a nameplate on the headstock, but that has long since gone.
There are no words, names or anything else on it anywhere, except the numbers '453' pressed into the top of the headstock.

Some people have told me they think it's a 'bitza' or a modified copy of something else.

Any help is much appreciated.
Need a frontal shot then, might be able to identify it. Lokks quite retro.
^
Yeah really, that guitar sounds like it's been kicking around for a while, and most of it was with your family. You sure you wanna trade in a guitar with value you that?
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
It looks like it's from the 50's or 60's.

My brother has almost exactly same looking guitar, which is from 50's.
It hasn't been played for maybe 35 years.
Dad never really learnt it, and I play the violin, so I'm just thinking that, rather than have it sit around at home taking up space and not being played, that it really should go to a decent home where someone will play it and appreciate it.

Here's a couple of front on shots.

That's pretty cool. I don't know what it is, but I'd imagine you could get a decent amount for it on ebay. Any idea what kind of wood it is?
thats a pretty sick guitar
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I have no idea what kind of anything it is.

I would have liked to learn to play, even just a little, but 11 years of violin study have pretty much stopped that. I think I'd get far too confused.