It is really a shame that Marshall is selling out their name and tarnishing their reputation by selling this line.

I just feel bad for all the ignorant begginers going "OMFG A MARSHALL FOR THAT PRICE!!!"

For the money marshall is asking for for those MGs you could get a great Fender DeVille tube amp or a sweet Vox.
Quote by seljer
Tell us something we dont allready know

I'm just venting

I was one of the people who got fooled because I kept hearing how great marshalls are. I blew my money on this horrible Marshall MG for 400 dollars and it sounded only marginally better than my little fender frontman which was a little more than 1/4th the price.

Fortunately I returned it and got a Fender Deluxe tube amp and I LOVED it.
Quote by Ihearthetfield
It is really a shame that Marshall is selling out their name and tarnishing their reputation by selling this line.

I just feel bad for all the ignorant begginers going "OMFG A MARSHALL FOR THAT PRICE!!!"

For the money marshall is asking for for those MGs you could get a great Fender DeVille tube amp or a sweet Vox.

congrats sir you have proven that your intellect is that of noobs who buy the amps .
NO STATEMENT THREADS.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
congrats sir you have proven that your intellect is that of noobs who buy the amps .
NO STATEMENT THREADS.

nah, he's not that bad.

The noobs that buy them are often "OMG DUDE MY MARSHALL MG ROX0RSSS!!!" and reccomend them because they haven't heard anything better.
what's ur budget?
what type of music do u play? to play in the bedroom, or with a drummer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I reckon all marshalls are grossly overpriced. Yes their upper market amps are very nice pieces of gear, but not worth nearly what those greedy dicks charge for them. The MG is just marshall whoring out their reputation to make a quick buck, all their good amps are just Marshall whoring out their good name to make a BIG buck.
^a tsl compared to a recto is well priced
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
^a tsl compared to a recto is well priced

I didn;t say they were the ONLY ones overpricing. Every company does it, that's why it's essential to learn how to haggle
or to steal
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I was told by a shop assistant guy that a Marshall he showed me was a good amp. I found out later after reading all the MG bashing on this site that it is in fact an MG. Now I don't think I should get it. What would you guys suggest instead. The MG is around $500AUD, so I want to spend about the same as that (a little more maybe). I don't know much about amps yet, but I would like an amp that's gonna sound good, so I need some advice...
Modest Mouse! Hell yeah!
we have a mg at our school. mother of god i nearly smacked the teacher down for that. it was fine for a week or 4 but now ****s just starting to mess up on it. the effects dont turn of properly for starters. dont buy it
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
mesa boogie even more voer priced than marshall. engl = pwn.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by I'm_a_pirate74
I was told by a shop assistant guy that a Marshall he showed me was a good amp. I found out later after reading all the MG bashing on this site that it is in fact an MG. Now I don't think I should get it. What would you guys suggest instead. The MG is around $500AUD, so I want to spend about the same as that (a little more maybe). I don't know much about amps yet, but I would like an amp that's gonna sound good, so I need some advice...

what's that in us dollar, what music do u play? what are u going to use it for.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

for that price i think you can get a vox valvetronic. yeah off ebay, get it instead. that or a roland cube
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
im in the 500 or less price range dollars i play around the house i have a drum set too so i play my guitar my buddy plays the drums i like ac dc rush sound dont need 100+watts though i think 50 wouldbe good
ibanez rocks
how about a cube 60? high gain, plenty of usable effects, good tone, portable, speaker out.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=cube+60
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

My problem is I can only get my amp from this one store (it's a long story) and the only brands they stock are Marshall, Laney & Line6...
Modest Mouse! Hell yeah!