thats what I use, they're some really good strings
Quote by Ghost_bass
did anyone see the new cheerios that have been put out? the're fruity flavored. so basicly its a ripoff of fruitloops.

Quote by Twist of fate
No they're gay cheerios
Try the nanowebs. I personally think they are 9x better. The polywebs sound too mellow.
My Gear-
Schecter 006 BlackJack
Ovation Tangent T357
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60
Boss NS-2, CE-5, DS-1
DiMarzio Pedal Couplers
I just bought some Cleartone strings. I haven't had the time to put them on any guitar yet, but the reveiws I've read about them are pretty good when compared to Elixirs.
I really like either Martin or DR strings. Martin have a real bassy sound, while DR is very clear and chimey. Both are great brands.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Elixir destroys all other acoustic strings in my opinion. D'Addario are god awful. They lasted me like a week last time I used them.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
i like ghs strings...couldnt find my elixir the other day, so i bought those ones I ended up very surprised for the quality...
I'm not going to sig anyone.
Elixir's are great for life and tone, but for some reason they feel really strange under my fingers. I think they are not phosphor bronze which is what I prefer... but i'm just a fussy person... elixir's definetely are magnificent strings for the everyday guy.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
Last edited by ask_withnail at May 15, 2006,
You can get elixir phosphor bronze strings now, theyre much better IMO, but it depends on what you like and what guitar you have and how you play.
Originally posted by kornrules09
well if it comes with pick, I say get it!
I use D'ddarrio EXP (extended play) Medium Phosphor Bronze and they're the best strings I've ever used. I had two G-Strings from a set of Elixers break within a week, and I don't consider myself a hard player. Not only that, they are almost too bright and can sound strange when you first put them on. The biggest problem is the strings are too slick and don't provide enough friction to do certain things well enough (classical vibrato, some bends).

The EXP's are coated as well but they aren't slick. I've never broken a string on an EXP, I just wait til they go bad. They usually last me 1-2 months and I play ALOT (my acoustic is my practice guitar). I wouldn't recommend the Bronze set. They are too mellow and the tone seems to fade rather quickly.

Bry
Quote by ask_withnail
Elixir's are great for life and tone, but for some reason they feel really strange under my fingers. I think they are not phosphor bronze which is what I prefer... but i'm just a fussy person... elixir's definetely are magnificent strings for the everyday guy.

They're coated, which is why they feel weird. I love the Polywebs myself. I recently bought a set of Earthtones strings, and they should be going on my guitar in the next week or so, I'm hoping that they match up to Elixir.
Quote by doggy_hat
And I can always borrow my friend's urine.

Love is the water of life, drink it with heart and soul---Rumi

----i love to drink----
I really like Elixirs.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Bryan52803
I use D'ddarrio EXP (extended play) Medium Phosphor Bronze and they're the best strings I've ever used. I had two G-Strings from a set of Elixers break within a week, and I don't consider myself a hard player. Not only that, they are almost too bright and can sound strange when you first put them on. The biggest problem is the strings are too slick and don't provide enough friction to do certain things well enough (classical vibrato, some bends).

The EXP's are coated as well but they aren't slick. I've never broken a string on an EXP, I just wait til they go bad. They usually last me 1-2 months and I play ALOT (my acoustic is my practice guitar). I wouldn't recommend the Bronze set. They are too mellow and the tone seems to fade rather quickly.

Bry

bry read my mind... i mean that is like word for word what i was going to say.
I prefer elixers on my acoustic, but I don't think there's really a "best" as far as strings go. Unless there's some brand that makes they're strings from rubber bands.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Guitar Center near me stopped carrying Elixirs. I picked up some D'Addario EXPs. I think these things are WAY TOO bright! I've heard windchimes with more warmth!

That said, I do agree with the above poster about their strength. I was forced to use these strings live last week. I play really heavy when I start getting into it live. No problems out of them what-so-ever (just that twang!).
Yeah the coating on the nanowebs is wayyy to slick. I love the friction of some other brands.. just feels more solid.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
what's wrong with d'addario strings.

their electric strings are great so i put some EJ15's on my ibanez aw28 and i thought they seemed good enough.

in all fairness this is the first set of strings i ever put on my acoustic but i will prob try someone different next time. its mahogany all over and i like some warmth but also some bright stuff with some depth...basically good allround strings.

so can people explain why d'addarios are so bad and what you would recommend, given my acoustic type, as a suitable alternative
i'm also kinda interested to see why all these people think d'addario strings are so substandard.... i like them
I still have the strings that came with my Peavey Tupelo AE...I've had it for like a year and a half, think I should buy some more?