Here We Go... I Recently Joined A Metal Band As A Bassist, The Music Is Extremely Sick... Only One Problem... I Need More Speed
Does Anyone Have Speed Techniques Not Only For The Fret Board, But A "Finger Workout" To Increase The Speed Of That... Sorry Not Up To Terms On Everything
If Anyone Could Help It Would Be Appreciated Much
Thanks
-Nikka-
masturbation helps...no really i dont do any finger exercizes i just practice it slow at first then build on speed eventually
Quote by Unofficial

I can't imagine me bringing up this topic at the luch table.
"Hey guys, you're all circumcised, right?" "Guys?"

and heres how you get "innie titties"
Quote by lou_dog69

maybe he stuck a vacum up his ass and it pulled his nipples in
Originally posted by buried_a_lie
masturbation helps...no really i dont do any finger exercizes i just practice it slow at first then build on speed eventually

man, i would have sigged that if i had room left in my sig
damn rules on sigs...
Quote by Unofficial

I can't imagine me bringing up this topic at the luch table.
"Hey guys, you're all circumcised, right?" "Guys?"

and heres how you get "innie titties"
Quote by lou_dog69

maybe he stuck a vacum up his ass and it pulled his nipples in
Quote by funkedupbassist
man, i would have sigged that if i had room left in my sig

Your sig doesn't look very big. There should be mroe than enough room.

To the threadatarter... you don't need to start every word with a capital letter. To answer your question, scales and chromatics can help build your speed. Also, try using your pinky on your fretting hand if you aren't already,.
just practice maybe chromatics over strings really fast.
can you play with three fingers?
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
I've never really tried using three fingers i most stick with the basic, Or I would assume basic index and middle finger, and where would I find the chromatics???
chromatics are
ex.
|--------------------------------1-2-3-4-
|---------------------1-2-3-4------------
|----------1-2-3-4-----------------------
|1-2-3-4---------------------------------- something like that any where on the neck, do that back and forth up and down getting faster and faster
Quote by epy
chromatics are
ex.
|--------------------------------1-2-3-4-
|---------------------1-2-3-4------------
|----------1-2-3-4-----------------------
|1-2-3-4---------------------------------- something like that any where on the neck, do that back and forth up and down getting faster and faster

most common place for chromatics is:

|--------------------------------5-6-7-8-
|---------------------5-6-7-8------------
|----------5-6-7-8-----------------------
|5-6-7-8---------------------------------

and yes, it is ascending and descending.
Thanks... I really appreciate u taking the time out of your day for your help...
Also... on the chromatics, I could add in such things as hammer ons pull off and things of that matter?
^that would still be building on speed and skill, so yes you can do that.

|--------------------------------5-6-7-8-
|---------------------5-6-7-8------------
|----------5-6-7-8-----------------------
|5-6-7-8---------------------------------

add hammer on's and pull off's as you believe to be nessecary.

be creative with what you do. mold your own exercises, so you can enjoy it
Quote by Nikka2609
Also... on the chromatics, I could add in such things as hammer ons pull off and things of that matter?

A good exercise to build fretting hand technique and strength is actually to play that chromatic scale above, but only strike the first note on each string, and hammer on the rest, then on the way down, pull-off on every note but the first.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Originally posted by Scourge441
Your sig doesn't look very big. There should be more than enough room.

nope, it says it puts my sig over 250 words, which is says is my limit
the best excersize i found was playing locrian scales the whole lenght of the board.

l1-1---------------------------------2-2-3-3---------------------------------10-10------l
l-----2-2-----------------------3-3-----------4-4----------------------9-9---------------l
l-----------3-3------------4-4---------------------5-5------------8-8--------------------l
l-----------------4-4-5-5-------------------------------6-6-7-7--------------------------l

do that all the way to the 21st or 24th frett, then turn around and come back down
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
i got a good one

start like this

start on the E string 1st Fret 2nd Fret 3rd Fret 4th Fret Then after starting from the 1st fret go to the second fret and Go 2nd 3rd 4th 5th etc keep going up dont skip any frets while going up build speed diffrenet strings etc
Thanks, once again, for all the input... I was also wondering if there is a way to maybe increase finger speed or that should come along with the fret board speed techniques?