Which is a better guitar to get, in terms of sound, aesthetics, value, playability, quality and durability.

Im saving up for the LP Studio at the moment but Im not sure whether its worth getting an Elitist instead.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Studios/Studio

http://www.epiphone.com/elitist/custom.htm

Here are the specs I will not get a guitar without:

Alpine White finish
LP Body Shape

Here are the things I would really like the guitar to have:

Ebony Fretboard
Black Binding (not necessary, just a nice addition)
As thin a neck as possible

Advantages of Studio Over Elitist:

Ebony Neck
Wouldnt decrease much in value
Stronger lacquer finish

Advantages of Elitist Over Studio:

Slightly cheaper
Comes with binding

Now, when I look at some pictures of the two guitars, the binding seems almost golden on the Elitist instead of black. Is that true??

Input and advice from you guys would be very good

Oh, whichever guitar I was getting, I'd probably be upgrading the pickups to EMG's anyway.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
I'd go with the elitist.....I prefer the feel of a standard or custom les paul over the studio....to me, the studio is almost like a 50% les paul....not quite there.

After the pup upgrades (to your preference), the epi should slay the gibson.
What is the neck profile like on the Elitist? I know that the Studio has a '59 which is medium curve isnt it?
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I'd go with the elitist.....I prefer the feel of a standard or custom les paul over the studio....to me, the studio is almost like a 50% les paul....not quite there.

After the pup upgrades (to your preference), the epi should slay the gibson.

Agreed. Don't look at the name on the guitar, i tried a hollowbody elitist and it was amazing.

Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
go studio

EDIT:
actually if ur putting in emgs, get the custom. The EMGs will take away every ounce of extra tone the ebony fretboard gives you

anyways, everyone knows all of the tone in a lp is found in the binding. I mean, without binding, its the equivalent of a squier

basically, if u want tone, get a nice studio. if ur looking for a fixer upper, get an epi
Last edited by physalis at May 13, 2006,