Ok, so most Marshall tube amps have their good spots where they sound awesome. What kinda volumes would this be at?
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Hehe yea, Im talking about the Dsl 401 really.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
^ pretty darn loud? that's what i'd figure. I'd assume you'd want the channel and master volumes (if the amp has that, if not, just the volume) at about at least 4- and the higher the better (assuming you want power-tube distortion).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well at 11. If you dont go deaf before that. Bu otherwise i say about four (my osudns awesome on 1, but i have full volumes on the channels).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
most tube amps have a spot on the volume knob where it jumps in volume significantly. this is where your amps will start to shine. As you turn it up louder, the distortion will increase faster then the volume itself. Most of the time this jump in volume is at about 3 or 4 although in some amps this occurs at 1...(JCM800's)........and for some lower gain amps, it doesn't really happen at all (AC30's)

For your DSL I'm guessing it will start to get powee tube distortion at around 3.4668 in volume.
I think you should turn it to 11 for "that extra push over the cliff" (awesome movie)

all joking aside, tube amps need to be cranked for their best power tube distortion, however this is not physically possible (for ur ears)

therefore do wat gutch tells u
Quote by Gutch220

For your DSL I'm guessing it will start to get powee tube distortion at around 3.4668 in volume.

I'm going to make an amp that sounds best when you have the volume knob set at pi