Hey, this is one for metal fans. It's my band, Othelosse, we play progressive death metal, Opeth style. There are a couple of slightly noticable timing errors, and the production is the best we could possibly do with the equipment we had, but other than that, quite a decent song.
Check out Failed Creation at www.purevolume.com/othelosse
Last edited by fps_doug at May 13, 2006,
yea it does remind me a lot of Opeth. i tried to ignore the production quality as much as i could, but it was pretty bad. but the song itself was awesome. i love that part right at 4:40, very heavy indeed. then the clean part right after that.. very nice. this is some good progressive death metal.. just work on the production of your recordings.

i take it your an Opeth fan.. i only own Damnation, and Deliverance.. what would be a good album of theirs to get next?

if you could.. check my song out. thx
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358925
I love Opeth, and this track is pretty good! Imo, not too keen on the vocals.. they sound kinda like whispering. Although i couldn't do much better so s'all from me. Nice one!
_

"Don't you know beer makes you stupid?" "No I'm... doesn't"
absolutley slended
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
That is really good. I'm a huge fan of progressive metal, especially Opeth and Green Carnation, and that song was excellent. I like the mellow solo around the halfway point, and especially the mellow part around 8:20, then it goes into that super heavy riff. That is really good. Great sound overall, vocals could use a little work, but other than that its good. Do you have any more songs? Cause if you do you should put them up.
by the way fps_doug trivium doesnt suck and matt heafy and corey beaulie have more talent on there own than your whole ****TY bands TRIVIUM RULES
To be honest, that sounds like an attempt to copy Opeth. The vocals are pretty weak, the guitar is not bad, but again sounds like a "wannabe" Opeth.
Quote by -Tempest-07
To be honest, that sounds like an attempt to copy Opeth. The vocals are pretty weak, the guitar is not bad, but again sounds like a "wannabe" Opeth.

That's the whole point dude!
When i heard the song i thought it was opeth in their first recordings .. dude awesome job !! honestly .. if the sound was a little better I would sware it was opeth...All you need is improvement in the vocals , not that the vocals were bad , but they can get better..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at May 25, 2006,