im getting a fender blues delux amp in a couple weeks and im told to get a good distortion pedal. what sugguestions do you guys have for good pedals i really like the eric clapton crossroads pedal. i wans a good rock sound to to hardcore but not like pop punk.

are those $50 distortion pedals any good for gigs?
Quote by jrthegreat91
im getting a fender blues delux amp in a couple weeks and im told to get a good distortion pedal. what sugguestions do you guys have for good pedals i really like the eric clapton crossroads pedal. i wans a good rock sound to to hardcore but not like pop punk.

are those $50 distortion pedals any good for gigs?

50$ pedals arent junk u needa pay atleast 75 to get a good quality pedal
For a tube amp, i'd suggest an overdrive pedal rather than a distortion pedal. Tubescreamers are always nice. The Maxon OD9 is good, too. I've also heard very nice things about the Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal. These will be more expensive than $50, though.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
If you want a good distortion pedal you should get the Boss Metal Zone MT-2. It cost me $104 canadian but it was already used. It gives an amazing distortion though.
Last edited by COM.III at May 13, 2006,