I have a lot of gear to sell. I got a Peavey Valveking stack and i lot of stuff so I'm gonna have a bit of cash. Can anyone recommend me a decent half stack? Mesa Single Rectofier or Marshall JCM 900. Or another amp? Also, what is a good combination of head/cab and some decent effects.
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
metal and rock and and amp thats good at cleans aswell
My Gear:

mesa boogie f-50. Amazing cleans, as well as very good distortion.

EDIT: The lonestar is also very good for a little more.

EDIT2: Im just saying what my guitar teacher told me. He's very good.
i haven't seen the f-50 but I know where i can buy the lonestar. Anybody else think it's a nice amp? I can't test it, I can only ask on here and read reviews. Also, did I mention, I will have about £800 from the sales. That can't buy the MESA unless i find it second hand.
My Gear:

Oh, the lonestar goe sfor at least 1,500 new, so thats out of the question then. The f50 is cheaper though. Yeah, you should just try out different amps and find one you like.
give us a couple of bands you like that play those styles you mentioned. also, what guitar do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ive got a Gibson LP studio as my main guitar and I'm soon getting an ESP of some sort. I'm into Metallica, Trivium, CoB and Randy Rhoads. I'm also looking for advise one effects. I don't want loads of efects just a noise gate and a decent overdrive.
My Gear:

tghe mesa f series are amazing
drity is crushing, powerful gain..
cleans are warm and sweet
i have some songs that were recorded with an f-50 if somone will host them?
id love an f-50 myself, but £1150 new is a lot of money
^ noise gate: isp decimator.

£800?

i'd look into a mesa f30 combo (you might get one for that), an engl screamer combo (£800 should cover the amp + footswitch if you shop around), and a laney vh100r which is more metal (if you can get a good cab for about £250) or tt which is more rock (head or combo, ead again if you can get a good cab for cheap).

I'm not too well up on overdrives unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
1150 isn't too bad. A little saving and i can afford one. Load your songs on myspace,purevolume, soundclick or dmusic i'd like to hear.
My Gear:

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ noise gate: isp decimator.

£800?

i'd look into a mesa f30 combo (you might get one for that), an engl screamer combo (£800 should cover the amp + footswitch if you shop around), and a laney vh100r which is more metal (if you can get a good cab for about £250) or tt which is more rock (head or combo, ead again if you can get a good cab for cheap).

I'm not too well up on overdrives unfortunately.

I'm gonna save a little so I can get a head and cab. I don't really want to go back to combos
My Gear:

^ sure. As far as I know, pretty much all of those are available as combos or stacks.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
theyr not mine per say
but a guys called tommi inkila from scenery channel (\m/ prog band!)

http://www.myspace.com/scenerychannel

tommis band(scenerychannel) myspace

overdrives...hmm
how much you looking to spend?
what do you want it to do? (boost, o/d, warm tones up etc. )
Last edited by godofshred at May 13, 2006,
Well I wouldn't know if I would need overdrive because I heard that mesa's are good for metal. If they aren't though, I would want a boost to help with metal.
My Gear:

^ yep, i agree- i'd wait until you get the amp before going near OD pedals... as you say, you might not need one.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
isp decimator? Trivium use BOss NS-2 and they look good. What makes this better?
My Gear:

^ more transparent, more efficient at cutting amp noise and feedback.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'd go for the mesa single rectifier. i really dislike marshall clean tones. the mesa i tried sounded surprisingly good on the clean channel
single rectifier is what I was initially looking at. Any good?
My Gear: