The guitar I have is a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, has EMG-81 at the bridge, and EMG-85 at the neck. For some reason on certain amps I play on, I get no distortion whatsoever on distortion settings. Through my Line 6 Spider 2 150w head, I get a pretty sweet tone. I played it through a combo amp on a distortion channel, and it barely had any fuzz. Then I plug a guitar in that has Duncan designed pickups, and it had insane distortion. Why do I only get distortion on certain amps? Maybe it has something to do with the battery? I just got it yesterday, I don't know why I'd have to change it. If you can help me out, please do!
I'm not exaggerating when I say no distortion, there was no distortion at all.
no clue, i only use EMGs and ive never had any problems..u might be doing something wrong....does the hellraiser have one of those vol/tone knobs that can be pressed for distortion or somethin like that? otherwise its an amp problem or your messing up bc there is no explenation for whats happening!
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
oh yeah definitely change the battery if anything sounds wrong with ur EMGs. it does coocoo things when the battery is dying, sorry, didnt read it thru!
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
hmmm normally when i change from duncans to emgs on stage i get way too much distortion sounds like a battery prob tho
THat same thing happens with my friend epi les paul.
It's just in the neck position though. Toggle pickups maybe
Thank you for the replys, I'll try changing the battery. If that doesn't work I'll just take it to my local guitar shop. Thanks!
ive heard of emgs also doing strange things with distortion on amps.
does it do that if you chuck an overdrive in there?
is it just your amp?