I know that this isnt really relevant to this forum but i trust UG and hope you can help me out...

Basically i am a newbie drummer and have bought an electric drum kit for use at home and jamming and found out that it has no form of speakers so im looking to buy some variety of amp. Roland drum amps cost around £500-ish ($750) and i was looking for something cheaper. In my quest for a cheap amp to use with drums i stumbled upon someone selling their identical drum kit with a guitar amp.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ion-IED01-drum-kit-crate-gt15r-amp-complete-package_W0QQitemZ7414800424QQcategoryZ38097QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was wondering if someone could confirm they can be used or whether its only specific makes/types that work with drums... or if its just a confused seller.

thanks guys

sk1rm1sh
Quote by Pan-Tallica
"1've had t3h sexXz0rzZ twentee-eleven tymezz!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
You're into mature's eh? You'll often find me masturbating round the back of abortion clinics.
Your drum kit should have it's own pre-amp for the modeling and whatever, so anything with a power amp and a speaker should work.

I have no reason to believe something like that Crate amp would not work - however, I would avoid using a tube amp to amplify the drum kit, as it may color your tone in an undesirable way.
I used to run mine through a Crate GFX 1200 ot much success. Many good times were had by all. Let me tell you, you haven't LIVED until you throw a Wah pedal in the signal path of an electornic set.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
I used to run mine through a Crate GFX 1200 ot much success. Many good times were had by all. Let me tell you, you haven't LIVED until you throw a Wah pedal in the signal path of an electornic set.

Sounds interesting.
Electronic drumsets suck
It sucks not to actually hear yourself physically bash things...

And any PA type system should work.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Any bass amp, cause you need something that will support things like low toms and bass drums. I recommend a bass cube.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Electronic drumsets suck
It sucks not to actually hear yourself physically bash things...

And any PA type system should work.

yesh i agree bashing things is much better than wearing headphones... i shall get an acoustic set when i have more money and if im still playing... but due to practicality i had to get an electric for home use
Quote by Pan-Tallica
"1've had t3h sexXz0rzZ twentee-eleven tymezz!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
You're into mature's eh? You'll often find me masturbating round the back of abortion clinics.
My friend uses his piano amp and it works great, basically I think you should get any amp that has a sumwoofer.