I just got back from the guitar cellar. I played a Jay Turser SG. I really liked the way it sounded and was pretty comftorble to play. The employee said it was $400 but told me he would sell it for $300. I don't know much about Jay Tursers. So is this a good deal??
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
i think that salers say its 400, but really they are going to say 300 that way your like "AWESOME".
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
I'll sell you mine for $250, with the gig bag.

Actually, could you post a pic? Mine might be a different model.
I had one as my 3rd guitar..
i highly suggest them.
Many of the lesser-known companies such as jay turser are often labelled "not great" because of their unkown status among most of the comunity here.
they are a great buy, and easily stand neck to neck with a gibson SG once you swap the pups

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
^I agree completely with you. The lesser-known companies don't get as much sales, so they try to make better and better guitars to gain more sales, then they end up having great, cheap guitars.

The same goes for other small guitar companies as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
you could do that if you want, i own a JT strat and its not a bad guitar, OR you could buy an epi sg for around that same price. I got a limited epi sg (only 75 made) for only $500 and i love it. Try them both out and pick whichever feels right to you.
all jay turnser guitars r pieces of crap. they just look like good guitars and sound terrible in comparison.
^Really? You've tried EVERY SINGLE Jay Turser guitar ever made? That must have taken you a while.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by guitarfreek909
all jay turnser guitars r pieces of crap. they just look like good guitars and sound terrible in comparison.

someones cranky. are you just comparing it to the gibson or something? anywhoo jay tursers are nice. for that price the guitar is nice but you might wanna change the PUPs or something
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
i used to have one. then i got a strat.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Jay turser make a couple of SG models. The lower end is the one Xenn99 posted. It has a bolt-on neck, and some plywood body, and it pretty shìtty at best. It's about on part with an Epiphone SG Special. If this is the guitar, avoid it.

They also have a higher end model that has a mahogany body with a set mahogany neck. It's a much better guitar, even though it has the same hardware and electronics as the lower end model. If that's the guitar, then it's worthwhile.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by JanickClone
I had one as my 3rd guitar..
i highly suggest them.
Many of the lesser-known companies such as jay turser are often labelled "not great" because of their unkown status among most of the comunity here.
they are a great buy, and easily stand neck to neck with a gibson SG once you swap the pups

There's a music store where I live that only sells Jay Turser guitars. I went in there once because they all look very nice and pretty, and I was thoroughly unimpressed by each one. Crappy fretjobs, couldn't hold tuning worth crap, had very short sustain, and had very poor resonance. They felt like toys.

They'll look good on your wall. That's pretty much all they are good for.

You should spend your money elsewhere.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Jun 13, 2006,
im with facingusall ive played many jay turcers and i wasnt inpressed by any of them.......so u could easily get any epi sg and not burn a hole through your wallet by getting the gibson sg