OK, if you guys remember my last posts, I decided to get the M-Audio fast track which I did. I wasn't impresses, I couldn't record the effects it only recorded dry guitar on audacity. So i sold it and now I want better advise!! lol I want to use my computer and mic my amp with Shure SM57. What should I plug it into? I could just buy a UX1 except I could run into the same problems. Any other things I could do?
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Dude! Did you ever consider plugging the 57 into the fasttrack?!?!?!?! It sounds like you may have made a mistake here. Can you get the fasttrack back?

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
Quote by adammarshall409
Dude! Did you ever consider plugging the 57 into the fasttrack?!?!?!?! It sounds like you may have made a mistake here. Can you get the fasttrack back?

Adam

I know i could have but I don't have the SM57 yet. I suppose i could have waited but the fasttrack started clicking like it was broken so I sold it fast before it lost value. Nope sold it on Ebay, can't get it back and wouldn't consider getting it back. I suppose i will get the UX1 except for my computer says it's not compatible.
My Gear:

why would you buy it, if its not compatable with your computer
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
because I'm not sure, the other was compatible and a mate of mine said it would probably work but be a little slow.
My Gear:

thean kick that mates ass and go for something that has a better software with it
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
The toneport would be a great choice, go to your control panel and click on system to see if u have 512 or 1Gb. Then u should be fine, depending on the speed. U gave up way too fast on the fast track though. I've had my toneport for a couple of months now and I am still having trouble, thats no reason not to get it but recording aint easy. The toneport comes with great effects but good luck recording with Ableton live, its prob harder than anythign the fasttrack offers untill u figure it all out. And the interface is the best and easiest way to go. And im not being sarcastic or mean or anything on this one, cause this is wat i once thought, there is nothing where u can just plug a mic or guitar into and it will spit out exactly what you want, it taked a lot of playing around with. Remember its gonna talke a while but it will be all worth it... Good luck!

Steve
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Last edited by Guitaraphone06 at May 13, 2006,
I would suggest getting and adapter from xlr to 1/4" then from 1/4" to 1/8". Mic your amp and use some free software and play with it for a few months while you save up for a nice interface.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
The toneport would be a great choice, go to your control panel and click on system to see if u have 512 or 1Gb. Then u should be fine, depending on the speed. U gave up way too fast on the fast track though. I've had my toneport for a couple of months now and I am still having trouble, thats no reason not to get it but recording aint easy. The toneport comes with great effects but good luck recording with Ableton live, its prob harder than anythign the fasttrack offers untill u figure it all out. And the interface is the best and easiest way to go. And im not being sarcastic or mean or anything on this one, cause this is wat i once thought, there is nothing where u can just plug a mic or guitar into and it will spit out exactly what you want, it taked a lot of playing around with. Remember its gonna talke a while but it will be all worth it... Good luck!

Steve

The Fast Track did come with Ableton Live. But the fast track was broken so I think selling it was a good idea.
I would suggest getting and adapter from xlr to 1/4" then from 1/4" to 1/8". Mic your amp and use some free software and play with it for a few months while you save up for a nice interface.

I have the money and I don't want to do that.
My Gear:

what makes you say it was broken. was it "clicking" when you were playing or all the time. it could have been anything making that clicking sound : RAM issues, HDD issues, bad soundcard, pc resource issues, signal to hot...
Quote by wookieGTB
what makes you say it was broken. was it "clicking" when you were playing or all the time. it could have been anything making that clicking sound : RAM issues, HDD issues, bad soundcard, pc resource issues, signal to hot...

...bad/cheap fan, bad power supply, ridiculous amounts of dust in the case because nobody ever opens their computer and cleans it out...

All these problems are very common in pre-built PCs. I wish you had come to us for troubleshooting before selling the fast track and losing money.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Quote by auranos
...bad/cheap fan, bad power supply, ridiculous amounts of dust in the case because nobody ever opens their computer and cleans it out...

All these problems are very common in pre-built PCs. I wish you had come to us for troubleshooting before selling the fast track and losing money.

my computer isn't crap. It doesn't have crap parts. My computer is fine with out it, I probably shouldn't have sold it but oh well. I will get around to buying a better one, it didn't suit my needs. It felt to begginner for me.

Oh and I didn't loose any money
My Gear: