ok iv got a £200 price limit, i want a tremblo, and i play heavy metal like Metallica but i want one that can play some softer stuff too Eg. One and Fade to Black.
can you help me??
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
You're probably not going to find a good locking tremolo in that price range.
save up man. save up and you'll be able to get something that will satisfy you alot more than something thats basically taped together.
Quote by thesublime
genious, silverstringz

Quote by Invader Jim
I admire you, SiLvEr_StRiNgZ. I have a short, VERY short fuse and would have instantly killed nearly everyone in the room, but you, on the other hand, did good. Have a cookie and a gold star.
well im not after the best guitar in the world. there must be an ok guitar for what i need. im not playing live or anything.i just really need to get a new one in place of my ****ty Hohner rockwood.
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
ok is there any guitar which someone could reccomend. any make that suits my needs.im desperate iv been searching for ages and i cant find what i need.
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
have you tried looking for a used guitar, that could shave off a few hundred dollars(or pounds)
Quote by thesublime
genious, silverstringz

Quote by Invader Jim
I admire you, SiLvEr_StRiNgZ. I have a short, VERY short fuse and would have instantly killed nearly everyone in the room, but you, on the other hand, did good. Have a cookie and a gold star.
no because i want a new one. and plus there ouwld be no point looking for a second hand guitar if i dont know what im looking for.lol
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
Tanglewood TSE 505 les paul. I got one ages ago and it was £200 and very nice for the price. No trem though
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Quote by tabber666
Tanglewood TSE 505

Good idea...but without trem...

Maybe if your not embarrised to haave a strange shape...

peavey rotor EX
i dont even think there is a quazi-crappy guitar in that price range...save...be patient young one
Quote by nospacesallowed
Good idea...but without trem...

Maybe if your not embarrised to haave a strange shape...

peavey rotor EX

Why are them Rotors so cheap? they are mohognay with a trem and the shape isn't bad.
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
man I want to order that Floyd Paul just worried that it would completely destroy the LP tone but now that I think about it there probably wouldnt be a heavier sounding Floyd guitar than a floyd Paul
Jeez.. you guys have a hard time listening.. he wants a guitar, not twenty people telling him he cant get one and that he has too save up, not everyone needs a really pro guitar just to play, some people have a budget and thats as good as it gets. sorry, thats just from a poor man like me who gets angry when people tell him that he cant get a guitar because it wouldnt be good enough for THEM to play.

Anyway, if you can save up, yes you could get a better guitar, but for now...
A Jackson JS-20 can be got for 159 pounds.. not shure if this is the best price, im not used to UK buying
okay that guitar is ****ty, and only has a tremelo arm, not a floyd rose... did you mean that you need a FLOYD LOCKINGtremelo, you just said tremelo. AT least its not hardtail.

You can also get a Jackson JS35-RR fro 228 pounds, its basically a JS30RR with a floyd rose, obviously not such a great one, but this isnt a bad guitar for the price at all. Looks realy sick too.
Quote by Danno13
You're probably not going to find a good locking tremolo in that price range.

+1.

either bite the bullet and save up (you need about £350 minimum, and that's only for select models, lots of guitars at that price still have crap locking trems) or bite the bullet and do without a locking trem.

Up to you.

But buying a guitar at that price with a locking trem (unless you go second hand and get a guitar with a good trem, which is luck, basically) is a false economy.

I'm assuming when you say tremolo that you mean a Floyd. If you don't (as Elven says) get a yamaha pacifica 112. they're about £150 if you shop around.

But i disagree with elven about not everyone needing a pro guitar. Fair enough, at face value, it's true. But when locking trems are involved, a bad trem means it won't stay in tune. And EVERYONE needs a guitar that'll stay in tune.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay.. damn got me on the legalities.
lol, no I was just pissed off about how Ive also been told stuff like the rest of this thread when I enquire about something. Point is sometimes people cant afford more, dont have jobs to save up adn just want some help/advise. Noone so far even bothered to help him, or give him a direct answer for a guitar, except rondo's which would be great, but he oviously isnt in the US making it even more expensive, plus they arent Jacksons.

I stil dont think a JS35RR is a bad guitar at all, for just over 200 pounds. Not shure about the floyd thoughh.. probably does suck. But I think he is looking for a basic guitar and is posibly not too knowledgable on guitars, so he might just mean a tremelo arm type guitar, I know i did when i first stated playing. * no offence mettal_fretter, you prob know more than me!
Quote by Elven_King
Jeez.. you guys have a hard time listening.. he wants a guitar, not twenty people telling him he cant get one and that he has too save up, not everyone needs a really pro guitar just to play, some people have a budget and thats as good as it gets. sorry, thats just from a poor man like me who gets angry when people tell him that he cant get a guitar because it wouldnt be good enough for THEM to play.

Anyway, if you can save up, yes you could get a better guitar, but for now...
A Jackson JS-20 can be got for 159 pounds.. not shure if this is the best price, im not used to UK buying
okay that guitar is ****ty, and only has a tremelo arm, not a floyd rose... did you mean that you need a FLOYD LOCKINGtremelo, you just said tremelo. AT least its not hardtail.

You can also get a Jackson JS35-RR fro 228 pounds, its basically a JS30RR with a floyd rose, obviously not such a great one, but this isnt a bad guitar for the price at all. Looks realy sick too.

Well you should join him and get a job............ Plus floyd or trems that are bad go out of tune, is really bad. Noob....

oh btw to threadstarter...., get a job, save up, be patient........
jackson v? kelly!
Main quips
Marshall MG100DFX
Squier Affinity
Digitech RP200A
Givson acoustic copy

elo ther.
Quote by Elven_King
Okay.. damn got me on the legalities.
lol, no I was just pissed off about how Ive also been told stuff like the rest of this thread when I enquire about something. Point is sometimes people cant afford more, dont have jobs to save up adn just want some help/advise. Noone so far even bothered to help him, or give him a direct answer for a guitar, except rondo's which would be great, but he oviously isnt in the US making it even more expensive, plus they arent Jacksons.

I stil dont think a JS35RR is a bad guitar at all, for just over 200 pounds. Not shure about the floyd thoughh.. probably does suck. But I think he is looking for a basic guitar and is posibly not too knowledgable on guitars, so he might just mean a tremelo arm type guitar, I know i did when i first stated playing. * no offence mettal_fretter, you prob know more than me!

I know, I gave him advice for both "if he could afford more" or "if he couldn't".

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the jackson in my sig isnt top of the range, but my floyd is absolutely fine and i dont think it will break the bank price wise, will probably need a pickup swap if youre fussy though, but so would any guitar worth less then about a grand or more