Ok so im liking my new job and looking for a nice small amp to do music from anything from say killswitch to black dahlia murder, I mainly play in drop C if that helps and sometimes even lower, im usin a Jackson SLSMG Soloist guitar mainly..I just want something with ok cleans, I have no problem buying a pedal to make the cleans sound better, but i want a good metal tone...and I want to be able to use it in the house, would a peavey xxx 40 watter be my best bet? dont really want to go over 1000 canadian, and i think a combo would probly be my best bet since i dont gig...thanks
Xxx
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

i have the XXX 120 watt version. it's a reallyl bright sounding amp. tone really depends on what guitar you have also. you'll either love the amp or hate it. i love mine though. you may want to see if you can get a used 6505 combo for that much also. it's a darker sounding amp.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Uhhh.... Genz Benz el diablo 60 combo. Could be a little over your price range...

Also check out the Ashdown Fallen Angel. I've heard they can do good for nu-metal.
roar
yeah i dont think theres a ashdown combo that im aware of, just the 60 watt head
any kind of soldano. even thoguht theyre so dam expensive. i tried one out today with an ibanez rgt220 and it sounded phenomal. and i didnt even have to crank the amp. but like i said, a 20W soldano tube amp costs $1500 canadian. for metal. you can just get about any decent tube amp and then just get a good overdrive/distortion/tubescreamer pedal.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
Quote by Slayer224
How about the Mesa Boogie F-30? I think it fits your price range...

F series arent voiced for metal/ dont have enough gain I think?

a 5150/6505 2x12 combo.
Randall RG50TC if you want to save cash.

Carvin MTS maybe? Or even a B52 AT100?

Just giving you options
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at May 14, 2006,