i dunno if its just me but i think phasers are the worst guitar effect you could wast your money on. I hate everthing about them and theres only a handfull of good songs that use them. any one agree? and what songs that use phasers do you think are best?
Acoustic simulators are worse... what a worthless piece of equipment
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
I think EVH used his phaser well..
but thats all that comes to mind
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
The outro in Parallel Universe by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the solo on Throw Away your Television also by the Peppers. Van Halen used it really much. Tom Morello, the most originaland creative guitarist of these days uses it also.

I really don't understand why you hate phasers. They are my fave pedals.
my guitar will make you cry
Quote by jrthegreat91
i dunno if its just me but i think phasers are the worst guitar effect you could wast your money on. I hate everthing about them and theres only a handfull of good songs that use them. any one agree? and what songs that use phasers do you think are best?

Well it all really depends on the genre of music really...

Ive acutally been kinda interested in the Line 6 deley modeler. It sounds like it would be awesome for clean acoustic songs. what do you guys think?
I like phaser aswell, even if there aren't many songs i play that uses them, I still like them for original songs and improvisation.
I've noticed it's kinda fun to experiment with using phaser in a song where you originally would use a chorus pedal, gives the song a more of a stoned feeling without changing it _too_ much (depends on your settings too of course).

I'm not very fond of flanger though, I prefer phaser of chorus over that anyday.
There are a lot of songs that use phaser pedals and you probably don't even know that its a phaser pedal giving it the sound. EVH uses a phaser in almost all of his songs he ever wrote, and van helen is amazing.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
Wow, I'm one of the only people so far who prefer a flanger over a phaser.

Flangers have a much more natural sound to them, which is why EVH used one, and Frusciante also used a flanger.

Flanger > Chorus in almost every situation.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
i think flangers rule over phasers doesnt rage against the machine use phasers ina song or 2?
if you dont like phasers dont buy one.

the autowah never floated my boat. always seemed to have like..2 sounds, very static.
phasers are good for one tone solo things, noy really the kinda effect you put on top of a riff like a wah or distortion. its more of a 'synth' effect.
i liked what hendrix did with it on the end of bold as love...but personally i don't like to play with one.
I love phasers...RCHP. Pink Flyd, mmmm
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by Mother Superior
have you heard the new chili peppers album?

haha, that was awesome

and i agree with boardsofcanada, autowahs are as stupid, if not more, than acoustic sims
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Pink floyd alone. I <3 David.

And yes I own the new RCHP album, i like it mucho.

And which phaser should I get. The phase 90 or EX small stone?
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
I ain't into effects in general.

While playing with them, I get bored too easily- even though I like bands that heavily use them- they just ain't my thing.
I personally like the Small Stone cause it sounds more organic, but hey, I'm a flanger guy, so I might be a little biased.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
I don't use any effects. I want to play notes, not a backdrop for swooshy noises.
amen, my phaser probably gets more use than my overdrive pedal to be honest with you, i love phaser, i don't mind flange, no-one uses it anymore. My MXR EVH is amazing, i'd die without it!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Phasers are good in moderation. Too much just sucks though.

Floyd has good phaser use.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
what about the intro to "Pardon Me" or "Stellar" by Incubus, great great tone and lovely use of the Boss PH-2.

Mike Einziger knows how to use effects.
i love phaser and flanger for shreding and stuff!
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
I don't use a phaser that often but one thing I do with them from time to time is put a phaser before the destortion pedal and set it really weak. Just to create the slightest hint of movement. Add the distortion and this can create a really nice and sweet distortion tone. It's subtle and it's something that even someone who hates phasers can do to get some use out of one.
i set my flange phase chorus and reverb in my effects loop it makes the phaser really mesh well with clean and shine with the distortion sorta like hoobastank's crawling in the dark
My father has an old Japanese Phaser 90 copy from teh 70's wich i used today andplayedsome Van Halen.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Everyone has different taste in effects... I don't really like autowah or tremolo myself. But it's all opinion.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music