Mesa Dual Rectifier or Marshall JCM2000 Triple Lead solo head? Which one do you all think is overall better. I play mainly metal and hard rock. I know they are both pretty versatile, and the dual rect is like 200 dollars more. I am pretty set on the Mesa Dual Rectifier. Thanks for the advice.
~Metal Up Your @$$~ \m/
I know Of alot of Metal bands that use the Mesa Dual Recto. But the only metal band that I know of that uses the Marshall JCM2000 is Hatebreed, if that helps.
But if I had to make a choice. Id go for the Mesa.
And also the peavey 5150/6505 is a great Metal head, if you havnt already looked into it...
yeah the peavey 6505 was another top choice of mine that i have really considered.
~Metal Up Your @$$~ \m/
I think you would want an OD for that JCM...but they pack a crazy punch, and can nail ANY rock tone. And a fair bit of metal before an OD. The Recto is a great amp too. Should handle a good amout of gain. And the 6505 is a balls to the walls kick ass amp.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
yeah go for the Rectifier, JCM lacks balls when it comes to getting that raw tone
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
JCM2000. But a modded rectifier will likely be better then a JCM. The rectifier is good for rhythm only really IMO.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo