Page 1 of 2
which would you consider better .and why are esp's so overpriced and are they actually worth the money you spend on them.
it depends the USA ESP Eclipse 2 is a great guitar for the $1400 asking price, is the $1100 RR5 USA or japan? USA soloist rocks and is worth the $.
I would personally prefer an ESP just because of the shape.

Edit: I'm talking about the LTD Les Paul shaped ones.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Jackson!!!
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Jackson
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
LTDs>>>>>>>>>>Low End Jacksons
High End ESPs>High End Jackson
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Dude, they are basically equal in almost every way..
but from the gutiars i have played
Sl1>M-II (both bolt on and neck thru) BARELY..
King V (w/ FR) > DV-8> King V (w/o FR)
Kelly>EX-400 (of course the ex is an ltd, so it shouldnt count)

but then theres custom shop
and some japanese gutiars (esp SV)
that i havent played
so its still in the air..
but from what ive played
Jackson > ESP
but not by much..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn Harvest

let me guess from your avatar..
Metallica uses ESP not Jackson so ESP MUST BE BETTER..
cause
i would rather take a enrty level Dinky than a Ltd M series...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Last edited by Striketalonx at May 13, 2006,
Quote by Syn Harvest

let me guess from your avatar..
Metallica uses ESP not Jackson so ESP MUST BE BETTER..
cause
i would rather take a enrty level Dinky than a Ltd M series...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Jackson, because I have one and I love it to no end...and it's an american company which is a huge bonus for me
Hey guess what you simp, Hammett used a jackson before he got PAID to use ESP's and have you ever noticed that his ESP's look shockingly identical to Dinkys and Soloists...you just got owned with knowledge
Quote by Member
Hey guess what you simp, Hammett used a jackson before he got PAID to use ESP's and have you ever noticed that his ESP's look shockingly identical to Dinkys and Soloists...you just got owned with knowledge

Don't be racist, don't double post, and Hammett used Fenders mostly.

Oh, and ESP > Jackson. Especially the Japanese models (non-US)
ESP high ends vs jacksons high ends

esp > jackson

You guys are just saying that because you guys have a jackson guitar lol. Thats the truth tho, esp > jackson. Esp has so many high ends plus custom shop.

Didnt hammett use a flying v jackson? Couldve been a esp one but meh.....
esp ****ing ****s all over the jackson. esp(note non ltd) are made in japan yep that same place where ibanez prestige models. and and jacksons the jacksons made in usa are only good models but to me arent worth the money and also the custom shop aswell the jackson custom shop was i believe a 18 month wait and the esp custom shop didnt take that long. and the fact that im an esp boy at heart
To the guy who said it like ESP because of metallica you are sadly mistaken. You dont need to make assumptions about things you dont know. Firstly Member allready pwned you with the info on Hammett.

I like ESPs because of my intrest in Gibson Guitars. I think ESP toook the gibson guitar shapes and made them Awesome. Especially the Eclipse. This is because im a rhythm player and i want a guitar made out of mahogany for better tone.

Every time i play a Jackson i feel like im gonna break it. Everyone of them with a bolt on i have played felt and played like crap. And the USA Models are no where near as good as the ESP Guitars period. I played a USA King V and it was garbage it was so tiny if i sat the Gibson V on top of that thing it would crush it. The Jackson USA Soloist weighs like an ounce it feels like im playing with a toy, and it was setup like crap. And then if i wanted one i would have to pay an additional 500 dollars because it has some retarded as paint job on it. IM sorry thats just not somethign that needs to come out of a "High Quality" guitar Manufacturer.And there Custom SHop Turn Around is horrible 18 ****ing months what the hell is that. ESP Custom SHop turn around is 8-12 months. and there may not be a better guitar on this plant then one that has come out of the ESP SHop.

IM sorry if i hurt your fragile little Jackson loving EGO but IMO Jackson Guitars are bull****. ESP and LTD pwn them completly in everyway Imaginable.

LTD M-400 600 USD
Alder Neck through Maple Neck
OFR
EMG Active Pick ups
and high quality build i have played it i know

Low End Jackson 500 USD
Alder body
Bolt on Maple neck
Ducan Design Pickups
Licensed FLoyd ROse

I think we Have a Winner

Discussion closed ESP Dominates
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Jackson is more for the money and yes go to youtube.com and watch all of metallica's earlier vid's before they got sponsored by ESP Hammett either uses a Custom Fender Fat Strat or somekind of Jackson (RR/V/Soloist/Dinky)

I'm telling the truth, I don't hate ESP whatsoever I would buy a nice one if I had the money, but to the guy who said the USA models felt like toys...I really disagree with him

Just to tell you, I played a crapload of guitars before I chose my new Jackson, I originally wanted a Kirk Hammett LTD (he one around $1000) and they were very nice, but I felt through playing different guitars at a bunch of stores, I found that the Jackson was a much better deal for the price. But I still want the Custom Shop KH model
Last edited by Member at May 14, 2006,
if you want the kh model, just go for a custom shop of your own. seriously..... ^
I have played low end Jacksons and LTD's and they feel very similar. In my opinion (please remember that guys) they are pretty much the same, but when you get into the Jackson USA series and the ESP Custom series they are both exceptional guitars and the only way you can find out which one you like better is to play what you are considering to buy. My favorite band Children of Bodom used Jacksons and now use ESP's and they are both solid guitars. They are both metal guitars. They are both waiting to be played by you so you can make your decision .
High as tits
Quote by Danno13
Don't be racist, don't double post, and Hammett used Fenders mostly.

Oh, and ESP > Jackson. Especially the Japanese models (non-US)

Hammet used Fenders?
Not being sarcastic, since you're a respectable source (unless you're joking, thus making me a fool), but I never heard that.

And I do agree that ESP > Jackson. Both custom shops rock, though.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
^Originally he did. Upon further research, he DID use jackson as well, but one of his more preferred guitars is a Strat with emg 81/sa/sa.

He never uses it anymore, though, due to contract issues with ESP.
oh so the music video "one" ? he plays that? or was it that esp strat one?
E
Quote by Danno13
^Originally he did. Upon further research, he DID use jackson as well, but one of his more preferred guitars is a Strat with emg 81/sa/sa.

He never uses it anymore, though, due to contract issues with ESP.

There is no contract issues with ESP.

Kirk Hammster and Jaymz Hetfield can use WHATEVER they want with their ESP contract.

The Hammster and Jaymz both use ESP, Gibson, etc etc.

As far as Hammster's Fender use, his guitars went from some strat copy when he was a super-beginner to a black Gibson Flying V which he bought in about 78 (after working at a Buger King to get the money), and he used that + a cherry Gibbo Flying V and a Fernandes Flying V on Kill 'em All. RTL had all the Black Gibbo, MOP had the Black Gibbo + A custom RR (he actually was THE first person to play that guitar, as the glue for the nut hadn't dried by the time he got to the factory).

Ever since Black album he's used his ESP superstrats, most of which were maple neckthru, alder bodied superstrats with 81/81 setup and a OFR.

He's used strats before, notably in the video for "One" wich I believe was an ESP strat with HSS, and the ESP KH4 was an 81/SA/81 guitar. Oh and most his "Fender" guitars have been custom ESPs. The first time he's used an actual Fender for recording was around the mid 90s.
haha
Quote by Syn Harvest

LTD M-400 600 USD
Alder Neck through Maple Neck
OFR
EMG Active Pick ups
and high quality build i have played it i know

Low End Jackson 500 USD
Alder body
Bolt on Maple neck
Ducan Design Pickups
Licensed FLoyd ROse

I think we Have a Winner

Discussion closed ESP Dominates

the LTD is a LFR not OFR.

And When it comes to the price range of 100-550 the old 05 jacksons kicked the ass out of the agathis bodied ESP. now the dinkys and ect arent wroth it when on one hand you can get a great Ibanez or Great ESP. But as we get higher up everything equals out and it comes to preference
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Member
no you are wrong, watch this vid, it is a Fender Fat Strat with 81/SA/SA look

(and this has a CRAZY bass intro)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=600780502229316521&q=Metallica

Looks like an ESP to me. I didn't see any markings on the headstock.

And god, their tone is terrible in that video. Ugh.
^it is an ESP. ITs also in the I disappear video
Quote by mexican_shred
^it is an ESP. ITs also in the I disappear video

I thought so.

As far as guitars go.. Under $500 = jackson DK series. $500-$1000 LTD 1000 series and signatures (like the kh-602, neck thru, ofr, active emgs..) , then over about $1200 its preference.
^well no that price range is screwed up thanks to Jacksons little upgrade the 2006 plan.
Kirk Hammett used Jackson when he was acquired by Metallica. Ever see "Cliff EM' All"? (awesome biography btw)

I don't dispute that Hammett used Fenders with Halloween, I just never seen it.

Anyone have a link?
^he used jacksons on the Master tour and Ride tour. I've seen videos of him with an RR
Quote by Member
...no it's not and that is a fender.

I see black block lettering on the headstock. As far as I know, fender don't use big black block letters. Who does? ESP. Hmmm. Coincidence that FENDER would put ESP in big black block letters on their headstock? I think not.

I don't understand why you guys are saying LOL JACKSUN IS BETTER CUZ KIRK HEMMET PLAYZ THEM

He used jackson before he was endorsed. He became endorsed by ESP, they give him free guitars, his own LINE of guitars, etc. Oh no, he used jackson. So what? Who is to say that ESP doesn't make a better guitar? A guitarist playing them doesn't make them great. If steve vai suddenly switched to squier and played every gig with a $100 affinity strat would that make them the best guitar in the world? No.

I think that Jackson's custom shop is MUCH better than ESP's they do fabulous work, amazing paint jobs and schemes. Personally, I can't tell the difference between a Jackson and an ESP. They're nearly identical guitars, except ESP has a bigger selection of guitars.

I love jackson, I love ESP, they've both made legendary guitars and helped bring up some legendary guitarists. You guys forget though, THEYRE PRACTICALLY THE SAME THING.

As it stands, jackson has the DK series under $500, which kicks ass by me. The DK-2 is an amazing guitar for the price. ESP Are wicked for their 1000 series and their LTD signatures they have, and then they both have sweet guitars out of their custom shop/their high end.
^^^ I like Jackson better because I owned both and had first hand experience. Not because someone famous played one.
Page 1 of 2