i saw one of these today for a very reasonable price, it looks and sounds great to me. However, i am a noob with basses, im a guitarist by trade and i enjoy playing bass so this would be my first bass buy. The other bass ive been thinking about is the squier Jazz bass. Any thoughts on te washburn? anyone here own one? and what is better, squier jazz bass or washburn xb120?

Thanks for any help.
I own a squier jazz and I have played a washburn at the local music store, the squier has grown on me, but the washburn had more reliable electronics

my volume knob has been cut off of circut twice.
the tone knob doesnt work

when I played the washburn, the tone control made a signifigant difference on the tone.

I played both through a 100 watt Fender rumble

washburn > squier
ive just been talking to a friend whos a bassist, and he says that this looks to him as if it is a metal bass. does anyone know if it has a good slapbass tone, i wanna play funk rock, chilis, stuff like that
i have the washburn xb102 in red ( sorry off topic different model ) and yeah washburns electronics are great! Bantam series is the other name or name of my washburn, so yeah maybe the washburn?

EDIt: yeah i like the slap tone nice warm pop slap tone!
yes, the washburn handles slapping nicely.the squeir is less varsatile, but also plays funk nicely.

go to a store and decide for yourself, although I would highly recomend the washburn
thanks, thats what i thought in the shop, i tried out a range and it sounded the most melodic and musical. I jus thought i may be wrong seeing as im a bass n00b.
Quote by thesumoftwo
thanks, thats what i thought in the shop, i tried out a range and it sounded the most melodic and musical. I jus thought i may be wrong seeing as im a bass n00b.

hey who cares if your a bass beginner or noob , or whatever you wanna call it, but your probably good at guitar