Just got one today, but i'm thinking about returning it and getting something else.
When i first plugged it in, it sounded like crap, but after some tweaking i got it to sound really good, but i feel i could've gotten better.

I'm thinking about returning the metal zone for either:

Digitech Metal Master - would it be better/more versatile than the Boss Metal zone?

Ibanez TS9 - can it give me a metal sound? Would it be better than the metal zone and metal master?

My amp is a Crate XT65R, and i'll be using the pedal over the solo channel

I like to play metal if you didn't already know

I basically want a pedal to give me a better metal-lead/solo sound.
You might look into the Line 6 Uber Metal. That has gotten pretty good reviews. Or you may want a pedal that has its on pre-amp in it that way it can give you a better distortion.
maybe you dont wanna get that Ibanez TS9, its not designed for metal. its just to boost your leads and stuffs...

MT2 > Metal Master
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
i know the TS9 isn't designed for metal, but what if it was used to boost a high gain channel?
hhmm I am not sure abou that, all i know its specifically to boost your leads just like DS-1 and DOD 250 dont know if it also works for rhythm
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
if i put the tubescreamer over an already high gain channel, would it be able to achieve metal lead tones?
personally, i like the metal zone, ive gotten a good Megadeth and Iron Maiden sound out of it, and if you tweak it enough, you can get alot of different sounds out of it
if you can still hear yourself think, then it's not loud enough.
I have that crate amp, but i dont use it anymore, and i used the MT-2 over the solo channel and yeah it sounded terrible so i wouldnt use it over the solo channel. The metal zone does sound good over the clean channel though. I would get a Metal Zone. Metal Master doesnt sound that good. But no pedals sound good over the solo channel.