5 goddamn e strings I've gone through...

Basically, everytime I've put on a new high e string to my tacky Telecaster (its a copy, if that makes any difference), within a day or 2 (one time, within 10 minutes), the coiled bit of string which is next to the bridge suddenly untwists slightly, loosens up, and then snaps. I don't get it.

I'm not playing too hard, my guitar isn't tuned too high (I even sometimes play in deeper tunings, but I don't change tunings often), and it is so utterly frustrating! It mainly happens when I'm tuning it because the string hasn't gotten used to semitone bends. Can someone please explain what the hell is going on and how I can fix it? Please?!
Reality is a big nasty vicious dragon, but I don't believe in dragons.
Nope, no sharp edges. Sorry, I must've explained it bad. I'll elaborate:

basically, if you take a lok at the bottom of an electric guitar string, you see that the part which is wrapped around that copper 'O' is twisted loads of times, REALLY tightly. Well, when I tighten it, after a while, the really really really closely twisted part of that slips down to the bottom of the bridge, at which point, if I was to tighten the string any tighter, it starts to unravel.

I hope this helps out with any further advice
Are u being harsh on the new strings?....put them on tune to standard and ocassionally bend them lightly over a hour or so....or when u put them on tug on the string so it is very tight at the headstock.
I'm not a harsh player. The only strings I'm harsh on are on the deeper strings because I know for certain that they can take it. I usually tune to standard anyway and I do that tug-thing at the 12th fret.. but only lightly. I wouldn't wanna rip the string clean off from the guitar :P

Sorry if it seems like I'm just finding faults for advice on purpose... it just feels like I've done EVERYTHING and not even my music or guitar teacher can figure out whats going on. It's madness!

Personally, I would say that the neck is causing too much tension on the string, but that makes no sense coz I've made sure that I havent let the tension go slack in the neck for the whole time I've known what tension is (i.e. why my first acoustic has been reduced to ashes :P)
Thank you for backing up my decision to get a new guitar! Ernie Balls rule so I knew it couldn't be them, but thank you! Time to show shout at my dad to get me a new guitar! WOOHOO! Ibanez, here I come!

*runs off into the sunset*