I have this Jay Turser that I want to totaly redo. what I want to do is get a new neck (the frets on this thing are fcked) new pickups, and new paintjob. I have never done anything too advanced moding wise, all ive done is change the pickups in my sg. So if you guys could help out that would be amazing. Im thinking of a pirate theme, and I play mostly classic rock. I want to put in two single coil, and a single coil sized bucker at the bridge. any recomendations for a neck and pups would be great.

The guitar unmodded
www.guitarfetish.com

id be hard pressed to find better pups than those for any price. also www.warmoth.com has some nice necks for you to check out. hope that helps and good luck with your mod.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Make it look like it's on a real flag, like have shadowing and maybe a bit of sea n the background. If you have an airbrush though...
holy **** d00d, im doing the EXACT SAME you are...except im not buying a new neck...but in a few days when i get my next cheque for 100 bucks from work im going to buy a Jay Turser Vintage strat...strip it, paint it a bitchin' design...and as for myself...im probably putting a Hot Rail in the bridge...Vintage somethingrather int he middle and a Cool Rail in the neck...are you buying a neck online?...cause i wanna get a maple neck with maple fretboard and black sharkfin inlays...thats NUTS
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
holy **** d00d, im doing the EXACT SAME you are...except im not buying a new neck...but in a few days when i get my next cheque for 100 bucks from work im going to buy a Jay Turser Vintage strat...strip it, paint it a bitchin' design...and as for myself...im probably putting a Hot Rail in the bridge...Vintage somethingrather int he middle and a Cool Rail in the neck...are you buying a neck online?...cause i wanna get a maple neck with maple fretboard and black sharkfin inlays...thats NUTS

u r a n00b.

Don't buy a Jay Turser crap thing, order one from rondomusic.com. Their SX guitars are actually pretty decent for the price.

And the blue is MUCH cooler than that retarded skull and crossbones...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah...buy one of those 150 some $ alder strats from rondo...dont waste your time with a jay turser..
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
u r a n00b.

Don't buy a Jay Turser crap thing, order one from rondomusic.com. Their SX guitars are actually pretty decent for the price.

And the blue is MUCH cooler than that retarded skull and crossbones...

here is an idea:instead of being a dick about it give me a hand. i know im a noob, and i know its not a good guitar, im just doing this for some experiance. i want to do a pirate themed guitar, and i know my first design is boring thats why i said so. So how about you give me an idea on how to make it better instead of flaming.

Shes all gutted.
Wait those last couple posts were absolutely pointless. HE ALREADY HAD THE GUITAR.

If your anything of an artist, you could also try and do a seascape with a pirate's silhouette on one side and that blue that's already on there be the sea.
For your template,
In my opinon i cant stand speed knobs on a strat, so maybe get some different knobs. As for the inlays, maybe have it say "PIRATES LIFE" or something like that. Get a black pick gaurd and put the jollyroger on the pickgaurd. Be creative. Maybe you dont want black. Maybe a candy red guitar with a white jollyroger. have no limits.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Quote by kaplac
Wait those last couple posts were absolutely pointless. HE ALREADY HAD THE GUITAR.

If your anything of an artist, you could also try and do a seascape with a pirate's silhouette on one side and that blue that's already on there be the sea.

Learn to read, some other guy was saying hes going to buy a jay turser to mod.
^yeah that was me, and im not fooking ordering anything off the net because 1. i live in canada and 2. my parents wont buy anything off the internet...and the JT is only 200 bucks brand new...so i might as well buy it and screw around since im new to moddin, and to That_Pink_Queen, why teh fux am i a n00b just because i said i was buying a JT to mod?:S...why are people on this site such ****ing dicks this weekend
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

so ive revised the design a little, im thinking about using something like this: instead of just a plain skull and crossbones. and the main colour will either be blue or red, i have to leave for work soon so i dont have time to make up a sample, but tell me what you think
i was also thinking on moding an used fender strat.

you could put crossbones and skulls and swords on the neck instead of the booring white dots. you could put holes on the side like canon holes. you should paint stripes and put a skull with two crossed guitars....

the image doesnt work.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
^yeah that was me, and im not fooking ordering anything off the net because 1. i live in canada and 2. my parents wont buy anything off the internet...and the JT is only 200 bucks brand new...so i might as well buy it and screw around since im new to moddin, and to That_Pink_Queen, why teh fux am i a n00b just because i said i was buying a JT to mod?:S...why are people on this site such ****ing dicks this weekend

Pink queen is not a ''****ing dick''. You are a noob. Buy a less - craptastic guitar to mod.

That guitar, will never sound any better.
hahaha craptastic...yeah but thing is...this guitar is cheap, if i wanted a mexi fender...it would be about 550 canadian...and thats too much to spend on a guitar that i might totally **** up...and i dont know about any otehr fender knock-offs...but this one is only 200 brand new and i played it, and it didnt sound like **** even with stock pickups...and im going to make it really hardcore and make it sound good whether is wants too or not
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn