Okay I really need 2 no what is the best electric guitar I could buy under $1000 and around $500 that would really sound great for alternative and punk rock. Try 2 come up wit somthin besides fender plz cause I want somthin a little different and unique but with great sound.

I LOVE BLINK-182

nirvana is good 2
ya watch out your going to get alot of Sh*t about liking Blink!....but hell ya they rock they are one of my fav bands...we should start a club! P>M to join!!
My Wepons of Mass Distruction:
Epi. G-310 SG
Martin Acoustic
Austin Acoustic
Squire Jagmaster
Epi Acu Bass jr
Les Pual knock off
Drive 30watt Guitar amp
Behringer 60 watt Bass amp
Ibanez 10watt guitar amp
fender showmaster.

cheap [150 quid = bout $300] and perfect for punk imo.

in other words, its a **** guitar, which would be perfect for **** music
Quote by acidity
fender showmaster.

cheap [150 quid = bout $300] and perfect for punk imo.

in other words, its a **** guitar, which would be perfect for **** music

Saw that coming...
Go to a guitar shop, find there guitars for $500 and under, test them, pick out one you like..

Problem solved..

These topics always annoy me.. Nobody can tell you what to get, you have to play guitars and figure out what works for you, everyone has different tastes..
a gibson sg is a really great guitar for around that price. I own a sg standard and its amazing.
im glad that i didnt dissapoint :P.

also, why would you want to pay so much for a 'punk' guitar in the first place? $1000 is about £750, and you could get a low end prs for that, and i bet you could get something even better in the USA.....
Look on E-Bay and scoop up a Tom D Strat since you have such a boner for stink 182. You can get one for under $500.00 and if you take good care of it you should be able to make a profit on it after you grow out of the Blink thing.
Okay i was wondering if an ibanez, les paul, or prs could create good alternative and punk music.

Also I don't trust ebay unless it's an official dealer and Tom D guitars aren't being made anymor so I wouldn't trust ebay.
Quote by alternativ rock
Okay i was wondering if an ibanez, les paul, or prs could create good alternative and punk music.

Also I don't trust ebay unless it's an official dealer and Tom D guitars aren't being made anymor so I wouldn't trust ebay.

Uh, yeah, you would not be looking for a new one, I was of course refering to a used one, but you sound too lame to use E-bay anyway so nevermind.
Quote by acidity
i$1000 is about £750

No it's not, it's £500 like he said.

Schecter C-1 Plus
Gibson Flying V
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
squire bullet....you don't need anything better for that kinda music.
First off, Blink 182 is NOT punk. They are pop-punk. Please don't refer to them as anything else.

I have no idea what kind of guitars Blink 182 uses, and honestly I couldn't recommend you buy one. Never buy a guitar because someone famous plays one.

Now, go to Guitar Center or some other guitar store and try out different guitars in your price range. Look at guitars from all brands. Fender, Epiphone, PRS, etc. Hell, for $1000 you could probably get a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

Also, what kind of amp are you using?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
why do people just flame guys that play blink 182? does making fun of them make you a better guitarist?

schecter would be a good choice for that genre. not so much ibanez. a sg would fit the job pretty well.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
blink182 is gay..............

btw get a fender, cuz all i c are people who play punk have them. Ibanez/Gibson/ESP/Jacksons/PRS/(shoot even,) BC Rich are too good for just punk.

btw it sounds like your pretty limited, learn more other styles of music since i know my friend is limiting himself with avenged sevenfold, all those stupid hardcore bands with screaming in them will not get you anywhere....