iv been playing for about 3 years and im still having a hard time trying to play in certain keys. any one know any where i can look that would help any free vids online??? iv read all the stuff on this site or could someone help me out im going insane!!
What do you mean you're "having trouble" playing in some keys? You're going to have to elaborate on that one. Which keys are giving you trouble?

I'll bet the C major and A minor are really easy for you to solo/improv in, becuase you've been doing it for so long. I don't think any keys are harder to play in, maybe harder to sight read ie. C major is easy, C# major is not as easy.

Practice is the key here, I'd say just keep playing in the keys that give you trouble, and try and find out what exactly is it about them that is hard for you? My guess is the accidentals.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
check on this website again or go to some other guitar website maybe musicden has somethin idk
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
what i ment to say is i can onlly play in the key of c im just not getting this stuff what helped you guys out.
Ok then, Accidentals are your problem (sharp and flat notes). One thing you could try is learning the notes on the fretboard completely inside out (fretboard warrior may help you) and then, assuming you know what a key is and know the key signatures for each, there isn't anything to hold you back. At that point, you will know all the notes that are on the guitar and where they are, and by knowing your key signatures, you will know which of those notes you are "allowed" to play, theoretically speaking.

What helped me out was doing what I just said and then practicing playing in different keys. Hope that helped you out
And Eternity in an hour
I have a question and instead of creating a new thread it can fit in here perfect. If I usethe key of C C Dm EmF G Am B and I use those chords in any pattern does that mean that im in the key of C and can use like a C major scales to solo over?
B diminished, not B major.

youre in the key of C, yes, but in practice youll end up having an uncertain tonal center if you just use them haphazardly. soloing in C over a song in C adds up eh?
Quote by boardsofcanada
B diminished, not B major.

youre in the key of C, yes, but in practice youll end up having an uncertain tonal center if you just use them haphazardly. soloing in C over a song in C adds up eh?

Thank you, but i kinda got lost when u started talking about tonal center and on .... but how do I play a minor powerd chord?
You can't really play a minor power chord because they don't exist. You'll have to play part of a bar chord. A minor bar chord played with its root on the E string will be : example A major 5775xx. This shape can be moved anywhere on the E string to give you a minor chord

Powerchords only contain the root note, the fifth, and the root note again one octave higher.
And Eternity in an hour
Is there any out there who I can PM so i get some clarification about some stuff?
here is an F# power chord

e -
B -
G -
D 4
A 4
E 2

here is an F# minor diad/interval/chord

e -
B -
G -
D -
A 0
E 2

using 2 fingers thats about as close to a 'minor power chord' as you can get without using barre chord shapes.

edit:
uncertain tonal center meant that even if you use notes that are in the key of C, the way you use them could possibly trick the ear into not really feeling you ARE in C, it has a really unsettling effect.