im lookin at gettin a new guitar or a new amp soon, i was hopin if i got a guitar to get a schecter damien7...or get an epiphone half stack for gigs..but idk, which to get...all i have right now is basically practice amps....but i have a half decent strat that fits my need and i am soon to redo a cort...but which am i better off getting...amp or guitar..? help plz..
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
You should get a new amp, which will let you join/start a band and lets you gig - and upgrade your strat (new pickups or something).

Also, this is a totally "up to you" decision, so I don't see why you asked on here
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
from the Ultimate electric guitar info thread:

Electric Guitar: the 10 commandments.

1: Though shalt not play an expensive guitar through a cheap amp.

Your amp is more important than your guitar. 80%-95% of your tone is in your amp (an entirely scientifically-sound percentage, that I just made up. You know what I mean, though). Spend accordingly: under £400, split your budget between guitar and amp about evenly as some cheap guitars play VERY poorly, and you need to normally spend at least about £150 to get something playable, ditto for the amp; up to about £1500-£2000, a 2:1 ratio on amp to guitar is about right- over this, split it about evenly, or however you want (but make sure you?re spending at least about £1000 on the amp). Increasing the cost of your guitar will make it FEEL better to play, but it?ll only SOUND slightly better.

2: Thou shalt read #1 again. It?s that important.
yep amp, which amp were u looking at?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
im lookin at getting an epiphone half stack b/c its not to expensive, roub 600 or less, and ive played one and liked it, it sounds very good..

Private in the 7>6

can u link the amp? i just want to take a look at it.

i just picked up a 5 w tube epi head, and im very into epi right now.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

3rd Commandment:

Thou Shalt buyeth a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, and If thou doesn't have enough money, thou shalt steal it...cause god invented those amps for a reason...I WANT ONE!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Amps?sku=480266&src=3SOSWXXA

$250? i like epi like i said, never tried this head, but isnt it solid state, tube emulated?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yes u r right..how is the other head, do u no..?
and how much

Private in the 7>6

well, lets do this instead...

what songs, music do you play?
whats ur budget, and i guess ur planning on playing wt a drummer, now or in future?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yea im in a band now, but we havent gigged yet... and im look for nothing more than 500 600 if i have to...but i play metal,punk,emo,blues,jazz,etc.. and i liked the triggerman when i played it, but i would liked some reviews on a helf stack for round my price range..

Private in the 7>6

i know half stacks look good but, solid state in half stack or in combo form are exactly the same.

knowing that, and giving that u have so much to spend, u should really try out a few Tube combos.
a tube is going to give u the amazing cleans u crave, the volume u need, and the overdrive u want.

randall, more of a high gain beast...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Amps?sku=481197

traynor 50 blue...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Amps?sku=489075
a little over ur budget

V series...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Amps?sku=487630X

fender, better cleans, but u can get metal with a pedal...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Amps?sku=480510

or maybe a used peavey.

if ur not into it thats fine, just giving u options, u might not have thought of.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yea, my friend bought a used peavy, its very nice...im gonna look at some amps and stuff, i jus thot a stack would do nice, and epis r good, but i forgot about fenders..they sound awesome

Private in the 7>6