You can rule out the ESP for sure, its made out of Agathis, crap wood. I'd say go for the Dean if you like to use the trem and gibson for tuning stability. I'd personally go for the Dean but im not too sure bout the LFR on those, should work just fine i think.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
explorer all the way
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
whoaaa, slow down there cowboy.

thats a huge price difference. what amp are u using? and what do u really wish to spend?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Currently using a randall halfstack, have an extra cab, but my location dont permit me to play to loud, i can spend aorund 1500$
For guitars with a floating bridge, seriously, i'd consider an Ibanez+pup swap rather than a Dean, if you're thinking of getting a Dean...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 13, 2006,
new gibsons are crap..the esp is crap...get the dean

but for hardcore id pry go with a ltd mh400nt because it has EMGs(used in alot of hardcore/metal)and its a hardtail
go dean... I dont like the new "X-Plorer" and gibsons are hit or miss... and the LTD is just crap.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
If that Explorer is 75% as good as the gibson gothic one that I got then go with the explorer 100%
the Dime guitar has a licensed floyd rose, which means its not that good, if you get it you should replace it with an orginal floyd rose. the ESP has crappy pups and crappy body wood, defentally stay away from it. the Gibson explorer is the best out of all of them. so i say go for it if you have the money.
Quote by lp_dude_2
the Dime guitar has a licensed floyd rose, which means its not that good, if you get it you should replace it with an orginal floyd rose. the ESP has crappy pups and crappy body wood, defentally stay away from it. the Gibson explorer is the best out of all of them. so i say go for it if you have the money.

thats if the body and stud sizes permit the changing of trems
I suggest looking into a LTD Deluxe M-1000

Alder body
Neck through Maple neck
OFR
EMG 81s
have played it great guitar

about 900 USD so you have extra money for additional stuff and thet LTD is an amazing guitar
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by azn_guitarist25
thats if the body and stud sizes permit the changing of trems

i dont see why not. both are actual Floyd Roses, just one is the orginal series and the other is the licensed series. but i dont know much about floyds, dont like them that much, so i could be wrong.
Quote by Syn Harvest
I suggest looking into a LTD Deluxe M-1000

Alder body
Neck through Maple neck
OFR
EMG 81s
have played it great guitar

about 900 USD so you have extra money for additional stuff and thet LTD is an amazing guitar

A Deluxe LTD would be a great choice. Beats the pants off of those other guitars.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR would be a great choice also
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by lp_dude_2
i dont see why not. both are actual Floyd Roses, just one is the orginal series and the other is the licensed series. but i dont know much about floyds, dont like them that much, so i could be wrong.

yeh just cause there both floyd roses doesnt make them the same look at the design for the edge pro and look at the fr original pro they both arent the same. anyway as someone recommended also look at the c-1 hellraiser fr or go for the esp ltd deluxe m-1000
I'd say that if you're willing to spend that much on the Gibson, then you should have listed the LTD EX-400 instead of the 260. It's a much better guitar.

But really, it's hard to say which would be best. They're all very different guitars with a very different feel. I would say it's a toss-up between the Gibson and an EX-400. I prefer the sound and feel of the LTD, but the Gibson is a better quality guitar that will hold its value over time.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I'd get an EX-400. Depending on if you want a trem or not. If you do, another ESP 400 series would be great.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh just cause there both floyd roses doesnt make them the same look at the design for the edge pro and look at the fr original pro they both arent the same.

well like i said, i might be wrong cause i dont know much about floyds.