View poll results: Which Strat Formation
S/S/S
48 53%
S/S/H
42 47%
Voters: 90.
Page 1 of 2
S/S/S

then throw some seymore duncans in it for a great Iron Maiden sound.
S/S/H. I have a fat Strat and I think having a humbucker is awesome on it.
I voted SSS, and you already know why, lol.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
S/S/S

To me, a Strat is made for single coils, not humbuckers.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
SSH only if it had a coil tap.

So it could be made to sound like a SSS at the pull of a knob!

That full hummer sound gives such a warm distortion but for cleans nothing beats single coils!
^^To Zofar, i was thinking the same thing, lol.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
imo, its not a strat w/o singles.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

H/S/S

More versatility.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
get some symour duncans or dimarzio single coils, therye better, you can also get single coil emg's if you wwant to go bigger
Strats were only made for single coils, if it has humbuckers I don't consider it a strat.

S/S/S all the way especially if they are DiMarzio Fast-Tracks
SSS I've played nothing but guitars with humbuckers, and I prefer the sound of single coils. Especially with Fender Texas Specials.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
SSS. If I want humbuckers I'll play a les paul. Besides, who wants a strat without the single at the bridge?
SSS. I really don't think humbuckers belong on a Strat.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
i'd get h/s/s. ,ainly for the versatility of it. humbuckers sound nice and bright in strats.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
H.

And that H is a x2n. LOL.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
^H is so badass. you can say that coz when people say your choice is **** you simply show you mod powers and destroy their soul
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
^H is so badass. you can say that coz when people say your choice is **** you simply show you mod powers and destroy their soul

It's also because that's all I need in a guitar. Face meltage.
total complete and utter face melting pwnage.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Haha, some of youse guys won't appreciate this.

I'm going to take a USA Strat (which is mine for pretttty much free), put a DiMarzio Super Distortion 3 in the bridge, DiMarzio VirtuAL 2 in the middle, and a DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck.

That's HSH for ya.

And if that's not enough, I'm going to make it Master Vol/Master Tone! I'm not sure what to do with the other knob... I don't want a black ice mod or anything, I might jsut cover it up... or hell maybe just stick with v/t/t.
haha
sounds pretty damn cool to me
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
How'd you get your hands on that for free?
SSS

That's the was it should be.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Haha, some of youse guys won't appreciate this.

I'm going to take a USA Strat (which is mine for pretttty much free), put a DiMarzio Super Distortion 3 in the bridge, DiMarzio VirtuAL 2 in the middle, and a DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck.

That's HSH for ya.

And if that's not enough, I'm going to make it Master Vol/Master Tone! I'm not sure what to do with the other knob... I don't want a black ice mod or anything, I might jsut cover it up... or hell maybe just stick with v/t/t.

Sorry, that's just my opinion, lol.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
with a Floyd Rose Original Temolo

Bridge: EMG 81
Middle: EMG-SV
Neck: EMG-SV
How close to a humbucker does it sound if you select both the bridge and middle pickup at the same time? Can it handle hard rock and some reasonable heavy distortion?

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

SSS

Gotta have those great cleans.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by Armored Artist
How close to a humbucker does it sound if you select both the bridge and middle pickup at the same time? Can it handle hard rock and some reasonable heavy distortion?

Well if one pickups has reversed polarity it will act as a humbucker.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ I know. But will it actually sound like a humbucker?

Also, do most Fender SSS Strats have reversed polarity on the middle pickup? Is that a standard feature now or is it only available on some models?

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Quote by Armored Artist
^ I know. But will it actually sound like a humbucker?

Also, do most Fender SSS Strats have reversed polarity on the middle pickup? Is that a standard feature now or is it only available on some models?

I think it's a standard feature (mine has 'em) but they don't sound a thing like real humbuckers.
Quote by Danno13
I think it's a standard feature (mine has 'em) but they don't sound a thing like real humbuckers.

Mine doesn't have it; but I have a 50's Classic, so leaving that feature out makes it more historically accurate (but they still leave the 5-way switch in).
Page 1 of 2