Ok what do oms have to do with bass amps? I know that in electricity their a measure of restiance, but what dos that have to do with an amp?
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
electric basses use electric amps. i turns out they use electricity too...................

EDIT: i wouldnt worry about it unless your house has funky electrical output.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
you mean OHMs, but yea, they have to do with amps because the resistance of the head of your cab has to match the resistance of the cab, otherwise one of them or both will be ruined. It probably also affects the output... *waits for someone who knows*
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Heh.

One goal when creating a bass rig is to prevent your amp from being destroyed. One necessary part of that is ensuring that your cabs don't draw too much current. Too much current = crispy, smoky, smelly amp components. Higher resistance means lower current.

Amps have a minimum resistance (ohms) that the cabs must meet or exceed. If the resistance is too low, once again, there will be too much current and your amp will probably die. If the resistance is higher than the minimum, that's fine, except that the current will be lower and thus you won't be getting the most power out of your amp.

So ideally you want your cabinets TOTAL impedence to be the same as the amp's minimum. If your cabs all have the same resistance, then the total resistance with the wiring scheme that you'll almost always find will be that resistance divided by the number of cabs.

Any questions?
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
I have a question: I love you and want your knowledge of electricity.

Thanks for clearing up some fuzzy spots that I had, where did you learn about that stuff?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
IT Honors Physics 2, PHYS 1402V, at the University of Minnesota.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!