im thiking about getting a ibenez tube screamer for my fender blues delux tube amp. Any one have a better pedal to get a distorted sound or is this the best for my money. I really want the Crossroads pedal also whats your opinion on that
I hear that Maxon pedals are better than the Ibanez tube screamers. Maxon actually made the vintage tubescreamer that everyone talks about and ibanez just sold it. Maxon broke away from Ibanez in 2001ish and started selling the pedals.
Member #4 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Yea if you can afford it get it Keeley modded which imo is more hard rock/metal based mods. You can get a silver mod on it from Analogman.com which is more classic rock/Blues Rock based.
Dont buy any pedals from Digitech especially the artist sig ones, the only pedal I'd refer from them is the Digitech Whammy.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by The Master Plan

Dont buy any pedals from Digitech especially the artist sig ones, the only pedal I'd refer from them is the Digitech Whammy.

The Digitech Bad Monkey gives a great TS sound for 40 dollars. It is probably Digitech's best pedal and I recommend.
I find Keeley mods to be overated. The stock OD9 is a great pedal as is. And Ibanez broke from Maxon in 2002.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by JimiJunkie
The Digitech Bad Monkey gives a great TS sound for 40 dollars. It is probably Digitech's best pedal and I recommend.

would that make a good classic rock pedal or is it for harder stuff

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
It's a versitile boost, a bit more gain a bit more push...if your amp is already geared to do the harder stuff then yeah it will.

And +1 to the bad monkey...great, reasonably priced pedal.
would it suit a fender 40watt fender blues deluxe (Tube, if u dont already know)

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
I agree with the Bad Monkey suggestion. It put my old BD-2 Blues Driver to shame.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Which tubescreamers good for using on a fairly high-gain Dual Rec. with death metal tone?
I like using the TS9 or OD808 with the high gain amps. Keep the overdrive setting below 9-10:00, and crank up the balance past 1:00, and it works great at tigtening and giving a little edge to a high gain tone.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I agree with the Bad Monkey suggestion. It put my old BD-2 Blues Driver to shame.

Do you think that I would be very dissappointed if I bought It and compared it to the Ibanez/maxon TS? (keeping in mind the value and quality of both)

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
if you want a realy distorted sound dont get the tubescreamer. tubescreaner makes your sound warmer.
Quote by Hairy Henry
Do you think that I would be very dissappointed if I bought It and compared it to the Ibanez/maxon TS? (keeping in mind the value and quality of both)

I dont think it's as good as a tubescreamer, but as far as a value pedal, it can't be beat.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
the tubescreamer is an overdrive pedal, so its just a boost for your sound...
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own