well i was alwasy told to avoid floyds cause they never stay in tune and are a pain in the ass. but i finally bought a 100 dollar guitar with a floyd (80's kramer). It kept perfect tune and i could dive bomb and make crazy dimebag sqeals like crazy and it always kept tune. Then it started to have strings come shotting out of the actual bridge (i think the saddles is what they are called) they arent breaking they just wont stay in the bridge. All i have to do is tune the guitar and they start to come out. i dont even get to try a dive bomb. has anyone else had this problem of have a way to fix this. PLEASE HELP
My gear
Guitars
1.Jackson RR5
2.Epiphone LP Custom (gibson burstbucker in bridge)
3.Washburn Dime 332 (Bill Lawrence L-500XL)
4.Fender Standard Strat

Amps
1989 Randall RG-100-ES, Marshall Jcm 900
Cabinet
1999 Marshall 4x12 1960A
Make sure when u're tightening it, the string saddle (the small tiny box-shaped metal) in the string compartment, are properly aligned with the string locker, or else it will mess up the metal. There should be a small hole, where the string locker are suppose to go in and lock it. Picture below should help you. The hole should be in down position in most cases of LFRs and OFRs.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 14, 2006,
yeahh just tighten them man- that happend to me before. Either that or go up a gauge in strings or just simply change them and make sure theyre down as far as they can go into the saddle before you tighten them.
well ive tried putting them as tight as they go, nothing. this started happening with teh brand new strings i put into is so i am still really lost on this one. it might just be the strings ill try another set of new ones.
My gear
Guitars
1.Jackson RR5
2.Epiphone LP Custom (gibson burstbucker in bridge)
3.Washburn Dime 332 (Bill Lawrence L-500XL)
4.Fender Standard Strat

Amps
1989 Randall RG-100-ES, Marshall Jcm 900
Cabinet
1999 Marshall 4x12 1960A
i think you should take the screw out and put it back in again. The metal box should push against the strings tight
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)