hey, I am looking for the best marshall or vox amp for $500 canadian dollars or less.

I'm sort of looking for a jimmy page like sound, basically classic rock. also I play an epi lp standard.

thx in advance
check out the vox valvetronix series for that tone, marshall mgs and avts are horse ****
thats 450 USD so if you could save up a little more you could get a good small tube combo, you could check out the peavey classic series or the fender blues junior(good for classic rock, no more) though you could get a Vox valvtronix if you wanted, if you could get 560 USD you could get the Traynor YCV20 which is great for classic rock
marshall avt's are better than the valvetrnoix. but mg's do suck. valvetronix arent that great either, i dont konw if you tried one, but the sound is kind of "digital" and the effects are just plain wierd. and the amp models sound more or less the same. there arent that many tube amps under $500 CAD, the peavey classic is $800 btw... but you could get a valveking or a blues junior. also check out the epiphone valve junior. and if you're after a modeller amp, get a tech 21 trademark.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
^No, valvetronix is way better than AVT.

And go used, I got a Peavey Classic for 320 USD on eBay...
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
the Vox AD50VT is the best bet for your budget.
Quote by iam2phat
the sound is kind of "digital" and the effects are just plain wierd. and the amp models sound more or less the same.

I've never read such a blatantly wrong statement here before. all of the different amps have a unique tone, especially the high gain ones. I seriously doubt if you've tried one.
the vox would be a solid choice the avts a decent amp but its insanely overpriced