I am getting an ibanez soon, but i am unsure of which one i should get. What are your favorites, and what do u recommend? I can pay around $500

I like this one but i heard it at floyd rose? Alot of people dont like the floyd rose and i was wondering why. Should i get this or another one? If another which one?

http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG350DX

Thank you.
      I love my FR. I don't think I can ever get another guitar without one. It took a little getting used to at first but now I have to get used to NOT having my whammy bar...
      If you don't want the FR, either go for an S series or SZ series.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
      Go for the RG 560, it's got S/S/H instead of H/S/H, so it's got a really versatile tone. And you can't beat the 80's Wizard neck.
      You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
      You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
      ^I generally say H-S-S...makes more sense to me.

But still. Anything above the RG5xx will be definately worth getting?that doesn't mean that the RG350 isn't worth getting, of course. Just with the RG350, you're going to want to eventually switch out the pickups and the Edge III. With a RG5xx, you're only going to want new pickups.

Anyways?in the end, just play a couple guitars, and buy the one that fits you best, regardless of what we say.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
      Quote by ChurchNSkate
      I love my FR. I don't think I can ever get another guitar without one. It took a little getting used to at first but now I have to get used to NOT having my whammy bar...
      If you don't want the FR, either go for an S series or SZ series.

Why do you not have a whammy bar?
          I have an Ibanez Iceman IC400 that I love. I bought it used for $300.
          Quote by ¡Blah!
          ...I usually don't go crazy for hardcore bands (except As I Lay Dying)...

I book bands in Harrisonburg VA

www.myspace.com/mithosbooking
          I'm a tone freak, and I can't touch an Iceman. The tone is just... painful to me.
          You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
          You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
          it's not that easy finding a Rg 5**. ibanez rg370's are decent guitars, not great but not bad either. take a look into jackson dinky's and esp mh-200's or m-200's
          malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
          Quote by iam2phat
          it's not that easy finding a Rg 5**. ibanez rg370's are decent guitars, not great but not bad either. take a look into jackson dinky's and esp mh-200's or m-200's

It has to be ibanez though, it's kind of a sponser thing

Also i dont like like the iceman shape

What do u guys think of the pickups in the RG350DX
              Go For RG5xx. Trust me you won't regret it. Or Go with something from the Sz series. You won't have all the damn tuning issues.
              the pickups aren't all that bad in the rg350/370. i just adjusted my pole pieces to give the tone a bit more bite, like by boosting the mids on the pickup. the trem was good for about 6 months and has recent;y taken a turn for the worst, but if you plan to replace it after a while go for it.
              I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
              www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
              Quote by xifr
              There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
              I love you Joel
              if you want a fixed bridge i say SZ320 made before 2006 or any SZ520 or the IC400. if you want a floyd i suggest S470DXQM, one of the newer ones with the ZR trem. all great guitars but a pup change would make them even better.
              Quote by joel_grieve
              the pickups aren't all that bad in the rg350/370. i just adjusted my pole pieces to give the tone a bit more bite, like by boosting the mids on the pickup. the trem was good for about 6 months and has recent;y taken a turn for the worst, but if you plan to replace it after a while go for it.

i cant wait until u go on here again and post a thread saying y my rg3xx is not in tune. If so you will be pwned lol.

Try your best to get a rg5xxx. Anything below except the rg321 are BAD. Pickup wise plus the bridge.
              yeah if you read it i said it has taken a turn for the worst. the trem is fine for about 6 months but if you will replace it (like me) than its a good guitar.
              I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
              Quote by xifr
              There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
              I love you Joel
              I've got some extra pickups i can put in it (Invader, 59', Air Zone) btw.

@joel_grieve,
              What exactly went wrong with the trem? How did u fix it?
                  https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356168&highlight=hate+edge

how i temporarly fixed it? i whacked five springs in the back and tightened them as far as they go, thus blocking the trem from use.
                  Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
                  I love you Joel
                  Quote by joel_grieve
                  https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356168&highlight=hate+edge

how i temporarly fixed it? i whacked five springs in the back and tightened them as far as they go, thus blocking the trem from use.

but then you increase the tention more then it was set up for and it also makes the action a little higher. i know, i did it to my old SA160QM.