i have a shitty bass that any notes above the third fret have a terrible buzz.
how do i get rid of this?
Fiddle with your bridge and sort out that action. It sounds way too low if it's causing lots of buzz. Maybe it's the way you play though, do you use a pick? I find that sometimes causes my strings to buzz a bit.
take it to a professional to re-level the frets. it may cost some dough, but it is the cheapest and safest solution
take one of those key tools like that thing with like 8 different size keys and either tighten or loosen the bridge were the strings are
Quote by Maxwell Bass
take one of those key tools like that thing with like 8 different size keys and either tighten or loosen the bridge were the strings are

that is stupid. if you arent a very experienced bass player, then your bass will cost alot more to repair then simply to re-level them frets

Quote by felkara
Fiddle with your bridge and sort out that action. It sounds way too low if it's causing lots of buzz. Maybe it's the way you play though, do you use a pick? I find that sometimes causes my strings to buzz a bit.

another stupid sugesstion. if you can easily just re-level the frets, why would you cause permanent damage to your bass.
Quote by bass_newb37
that is stupid. if you arent a very experienced bass player, then your bass will cost alot more to repair then simply to re-level them frets

another stupid sugesstion. if you can easily just re-level the frets, why would you cause permanent damage to your bass.

your an idiot, you have no idea what tool i am talking about. your username sure matches your attitude.

by the way don tcall anyone stupid, were trying to help this person out, and you come along like a immature 4 year old saying thats stupid and stuff. get some lessons dude seriously.