hey i have the peavey valveking 112 tube amp thing and i was wondering how can i get a childrne of bodom metal sound the back has like a class a/b thing should i turn that knob all the way up? i have a middle bass and treble just tell me how far to crnak it like 3/4 the way or wutever thanks.(o and if u need to no this i have a epiphone les paul dunno if that is needed lol)

if there isnt a way for cob is there a way for metallica i just want a good metal sound lol
I don't think the valveking is made for metal. It doesn't have enough gain.
Just get a overdrive pedal to boost it and then you should get a heavier sound.
roar
Im not too sure if you can get high gain from this amp or not, but just turn up the gain all the way (not all unless necessary) turn up bass and treble EQ to around 8 and mid should be dipped anywhere from 3-6. But really it depends on your taste, just experiment and listen to the guitar on COB

Also the class a/b is to do with wiring but i know nothing much about it.
From what I remember COB has a lot of mids in their tone so I'd say Bass at 6-8 Mids 6 or 7 and Treble at 7 or 8. Have the gain at about 8 and use the Gain boost on the amp. The A/B switch doesn't matter but it sounds a bit louder in A/B. Have the resonance at tight and crank the amp. You can't get their sound without cranking or it won't sound as good. This would sound much better though if you had an OD of some sort.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
hey thanks for the help just wondering what is master reverb i duno what that is but its at like 4-5 rite now
So when you guys say this isnt a metal amp, are you talkin purley becasue it doesn thave high gain built in? because frankly hardly and combo cheap(ish) amps have enough gain, and a pedal is almost always needed to get a really heavy METAL type sound.

So would this amp do fine for COB, arch enemy, arsis, etc all really heavy type stuff with say a metal zone pedal used with it?
o and btw can u like plug headfones into it cuz its hella loud when i turn it on and i hafta turn it pretty loud to get a good distortion
AHHH Elven_King, don;t buy a Metal Zone, you psycho, you'll kill all the tone the Valveking has!!!!! NOw that i've calmed, just get a Turbo OVerdrive if you need an extra kick, I've got A BOss Turbo Overdrive and that works fine.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
hah check my sig.. its too late damage has been done.
But irealise my mistake, dont worry i'l sell my MT soon. There are plenty of kids who still think a Metal Zone is the best **** out there. I did too when i got mine a few years ago, ive realised I want tube distortion but with real dark heavyness.

So wat kind of overdrive pedal do you guys suggest for this amp or for say a peavy XXX and the like in that low-mid valve range. For getting a really heavy distortion out of the tubes without having to crack them that much, I dont mind turing them up a bit at badn practise, but for just in my room without drums it should be able to sound good too with a pedal doing alot of the distortion right?

Boss Turbo-Overdrive seems to be the highest gain bodd overdrive pedal, so are htere any other companies that make good overdrive pedals?
actually, the turbo boost don't do that much, but i kick mine on for solos, and for incubus morning view type overdrive.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Okay so me and the poster have the same problem... anyone wanna help?

I didnt think a boss would be that nice, no real reason I just dont trust boss much anymore.
From what I hear you are going to need something really powerfull to kick a Valveking up to real metal territory. Too bad I cant afford a Peavey XXX.
Hmmm, Jeckyl and Hyde? The Weapon?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
It's not going to mess up the tone, it just won't have as great of a sound as individual stompboxes.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email