I have a question that i havent figured it out myself for a long time.

if you've seen any of Guns N Roses's concerts or live perfermance (or the use your illusion tour DVD), u could see that Gibly Clark n Slash often put their figers over their brighe pickup while bending.

my questions are

-why did they do that? what does it do?

n

-what is the correct way to do this??

thx for the help!!!
They do not necessarily place thier finger over the bridge pick-up, they just place their fingers over the strings. Bending can sometimes cause other strings to ring out, but if you mute the rest of the strings by laying your finger across them, the bends are much clearer.
is that what he does?

because most of the time i see them do that, they usually put them on top the strings theyve just picked

?????
I recall Slash doing that once, in the Don't Cry fragment of the UYI Tokyo DVD. The only reason Slash does that is because if you hear correctly, Slash doesn't strike the bend correctly and it doesn't ring out as it should. I think he then proceeded to coax more sound from the bend by re-tapping the string.

All the rest of the time it is because they are laying their fingers over the strings to clear the bend.

If you were to lay your finger over a current bend, it would mute it.
oic!!!

thx for making it clear to me!

thx for the help!!

by the way, i love that DVD!

i also love the way theyve redone the intro for Double Talkin Jive
Quote by GNR4Eva
oic!!!

thx for making it clear to me!

thx for the help!!

by the way, i love that DVD!

i also love the way theyve redone the intro for Double Talkin Jive

No problem.

Also, yes, the UYI Tokyo DVDs are very very good. Especially Wild Horses and Patience.