http://www.behringer.com/BX1200/index.cfm?lang=ENG

A guy contacted me and said that he'll sell this at a lower price (and it is lower, I checked), said that it's a year old and without a scratch.

What do you think? I think it's a nice amp and a nice offer?

Of course, I'll check it out personally
Don't you realize that evil lives in the motherf.....g skin!
I have the same amp, its fantastic dispite what anyone says, only thing is you cant go really loud (gig kind of loud) without it distorting a little. And whatever you do don't listen to anyone telling you the alliminum cone makes it sound crap causeit really doesn't. Gives ou a nice slightly more trebley sound and makes distortion sound awesome.
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)
Talus, have you ever played trough an other amp than your Behringer?

A lot of people here (including me) had some bad experiences with behringer... I have a multi-fx on wich some knobs came loose after three weeks. Some glue and it was ok again, but that shouldn't happen...
Also, it's budget gear... So if you're on a small budget and you NEED a first amp, go ahead... But if it's an upgrade, save up and get something better...

And you won't hear me say the aluminum cones are bad... You like them or you don't like them. Personal preference... I prefer the warm sound comming from a paper cone.

How much is he asking?
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
I'm looking for an upgrade to my 30w Marshall, it's a bit silent, old and doesn't get me the sound I need couse I play mostly with a pick. If I am to hear it on band rehersals, I have to twist the gain up to the max, and I don't like that. I also did 2 gigs on it, but it wasn't very good. Therefore I'm looking for something to satisfy the amount of noise I want!
Here in Croatia we have kunas, not dollars. New amp comes 2100 kunas, or about 300 dollars, and he's offering it to me for 1500 kunas or about 215-200 dollars.
my friends Behringer X pedal (guitar multi effects) fecked up after about a month or less. the Expression pedal on it GAVE UP.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
u literally pay for what u get with behringer. and that is usually cheap.
i agree some Behringer Products such as there live sound equipment, are decent for there price, they have The PA systems, the recording devices, Diffrent Kinds OF Speakers and Studio Equiment, ( sorry about spelling wrong ) that stuff is decent for its price and cant afford the expensive the JBL PA or Peaveys, its good for the price as i said. thats what i like about behringer. but amp and guitar wise, im not sure the behringer does pack 120 watts, which is alot for its price. the wedge shape is also nice assuming it can it can be put anywere, for gigs im nto sure it is 120 watts but im not sure on behringers sound.

try it out first by all means.
even their PA amps don't pack as much power as they put on the spec sheets... A friend told me they deliver about 3/4 of the rated power at the given resistance.
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Quote by FunkMaster
even their PA amps don't pack as much power as they put on the spec sheets... A friend told me they deliver about 3/4 of the rated power at the given resistance.

heh its good i guess if your dead poor? lol
if you're on a budget, their PA gear is ok for the price. Their bass gear I wouldn't trust playing live... Tough I must admit I bought a bass overdrive from them. But that was just because I was curious about the thing... And for ?23 you cant go wrong right... Still havent found the time to compare it to my ibanez and perhaps some other distortion pedals...
Quote by John Swift

Quote by FunkMaster
Talus, have you ever played trough an other amp than your Behringer?

A lot of people here (including me) had some bad experiences with behringer... I have a multi-fx on wich some knobs came loose after three weeks. Some glue and it was ok again, but that shouldn't happen...
Also, it's budget gear... So if you're on a small budget and you NEED a first amp, go ahead... But if it's an upgrade, save up and get something better...

And you won't hear me say the aluminum cones are bad... You like them or you don't like them. Personal preference... I prefer the warm sound comming from a paper cone.

How much is he asking?

Denouncing aluminium cones!? now there's something I wouldn't see coming from a Hartke promoter
^thats the one thing driving me from hartke combo's ive played. aluminum cones do my head in
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Yevaud
Denouncing aluminium cones!? now there's something I wouldn't see coming from a Hartke promoter

I like their amps a lot. They are very good, and have a very good price/quality ratio.
And I didn't say I didn't like aluminium cones... I said I prefered paper ones... There's a difference
Quote by John Swift

eeh, its an alright amp for practice, but if you want anything more, i'd put your money to a side and save up more for a better one. They had these at school, and while it didn't really distort, it was strangely quiet- i had it on max and couldn't hear it over the guitar. Now Maybe i had a dud, maybe i didn't i dunno. But from what i've experienced they aren't very good amps.

Also, we found the input a bit dodgy, and now only one is working, the other came loose and fell in.

Alex
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
I dunno... I'll check it out this weekend, if the guy brings it here (the Amp's in another city). I'll check out how loud does it go and see if it suits the sound I want, but judging from your "expert analysis" I'd say it shouldn't be as good as other amps, eg. Roland Bass Cube. I thought of that but it's a bit expensive.