Page 1 of 3
why this band doesn't get more credit is beyond my perception. personally, i prefer them to both Shadows Fall and Killswitch Engage (both big Mas. metalcore bands). This Darkened Heart was hardly short of a modern metalcore masterpiece, and i can't wait for The Fall of Ideals....the preview songs, This Calling and The Weak Willed are SICK. their new drummer Shannon can pummel on the double bass like crazy, of course Oli and Mike are at the top of their game, they got a new bassist too, called Jeanne, and Phil's voice is sounding better than ever. awesome band.

any fans?

their myspace page (think their orginal site is being renovated)

download This Calling from there, and also u can hear another new song...The Weak Willed.

have fun....can't wait for the replies..hehe
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
I completley agree with everything you just said, apart from the statement that their better than killswitch. But we all have our opinions.
yeah i like kse more, but all that remains is pretty cool.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
so the new songs are the real ****, huh? wow...i've been listening to them for the better part of two days now. still can't get over the massive improvement in their production. and who did it? Adam D. of course!!! hehe. yea....maybe ur right, KsE is better, but o well... that doesn't take anything away from ATR.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
i like older kse just coz howard jones annoys the crap outta me with his whole 'i love her but she'll never love me' thing on every song.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
that's what i meant in my first post. Jesse David Leach kicks ass. jones' roaring is pretty cool, but i can't his clean vocals.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
yeah. jesse david was a much better all round vocalist. deep growl, cool screams and a beautiful singing voice. alive or just breathing ****ing rocks.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
man....srsly.....just barely breathing blew me away at my first listen. as did my last serenade. what an amazing album that was.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
exactly.....ATR is better than new KsE. perhaps not old KsE. who knows? all depends on TFOI. the preview songs were srsly....awesome.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
Wow, the new songs are sick! Much more metal than their previous stuff. Phil's growling is awesome, the drums have improved, and the guitars are spectacular. They're great live as well, really spot-on stuff. My only concern is that their new album will take to the heavy verse-clean chorus formula of KsE, but I think they're much too talented to do that.

edit: I just listened to both songs and they had that... fuck. I won't be buying the album if that's all it sounds like. And their new drummer should really be in a death metal band, he's all over the kit, sounds a bit like a cross between Vinnie Paul and Tony Laureno.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at May 14, 2006,
i thought the exact thing as u, and then i heard The Weak Willed. wow. heavy.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
Quote by SGRocker0791
New stuff sounds ok IMO. That chick can drum!

its a dude...Shannon is also a guys' name
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
The new drummer is a dude. The new bassist is a chick.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
The new drummer is a dude. The new bassist is a chick.

@ me. Thanks for clearing that up.
I have to say, the dude with the guaged ears and fauxhawk in that picture looks quite retarderated.

Probably the new drummer.

Oh well.
Quote by HuckIt
hehe...i thought that shannon was the girl also, but then i saw the band pics, and i saw her playing bass.
and LedZep, yea, that is the new drummer. looks retarded maybe, but amazing double bass
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
Wow that song was bad, lol.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
wow.....and u've got a real good taste in music i see.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
Sorry, i didnt mean to turn your thread into a big thing about killswitch vs all that remains.
hey, u didn't. lol. it was just a civilised discussion, that's all.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
Yeah, but it was meant to be an All That Remains Thread. Anyway post anything and everything you can about all that remains from here because the're a great band and hopefully this can still be a great thread.
I personally think TFOI is going to be pretty sick, and heavier if The Weak Willed is any indication. I really like how Phil went with some death metal-esque growls on that song. I loved TDH, and I'll be getting this as soon as it comes out. I really want to see them live, as I hear they put on a good show. And BTW, I think ATR are far more musically talented/creative than Killswitch will ever be.
yea....oli herbert is one of the brightest and most talented metalcore guitarists of today. and phil did a great job by quitting shadows fall....Art of Balance was good, but The War Within went rlly stale after a few listens. let's see how Fallout from the war goes. but yea....i'm also gonna be among the first to pick up a copy of The Fall of Ideals.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
so...any other fans here?
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
the new stuff sounds like more of the same with more clean vocals which i don't like.

oh well.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
^ Yeah the clean vocals suck, but he's actually doing some DM-style growling and the drumming kinda offsets the annoyingness of the clean vocals.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by Independent27
Which?

This Calling. Clean vox completely killed it for me. I listened to the other song and it's a lot better.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
look...clean vox are good if used in moderation. if they throw it into every other chors, then that would be rather disappointing. and anyway, Phil's clean vocals are far better than most of the other metalcore clean vocals crap crooning u get nowadays (*ahem*Bleeding Through*ahem*)...it's a much better stronger clean vocal.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
Quote by Gomorrah
Clean vox completely killed it for me. I listened to the other song and it's a lot better.

Same here. Bummer.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
The clean vocals dont really bother me I think its a good change of pace, I just hope they dont follow it as a forumlat as LedZepplin mentioned, the end of a heartache got old fast because of that same formula.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
^^
yup.

End of Heartache was too boring for many listens, unlike Alive or Just Breathing. The Fall of Ideals shouldn't be that at all. i have enough faith in ATR to believe that they'll go in the right direction.
My Current Equipment:

ESP LTD EX-260
Ibanez GRX70
Laney HCXMR15
Boss MT-2
Quote by se7en_666
wow.....and u've got a real good taste in music i see.

METALLICA \MM/
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

Haven't really heard much from All That Remains. "Tattered On My Sleeve" really gets on my nerves, though.
That's probably the worst song they've ever written, haha. Listen to This Darkened Heart or And Death In My Arms.
Quote by HuckIt
Page 1 of 3