Could somebody link me to a site (besides cyberfret ) that will show me most guitar scales, please? I am having trouble finding a site that has some but arent too confusing to read.
Are there any specific problems you have with the Cyberfret scales lessons? They're so far the best scales lessons I've personally found (online).
Ionian mode= C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C
Dorian mode= C-D-Eb-F-G-A-Bb-C
Phrygian mode= C-Db-Eb-F-G-Ab-Bb-C
Lydian mode= C-D-E-F#-G-A-B-C
Mixolydian mode=C-D-E-F-G-A-Bb-C
Aeolian mode= C-D-Eb-F-G-Ab-Bb-C
Locrian mode= C-Db-Eb-F-Gb-Ab-Bb-C
major pentatonic scale: C, D, E, G, A.
whole tone : C, D, E, F#, G#, A#
minor pentatonic : C, Eb, F, G, Bb

Then find the distance between the notes in whatever scale you're interested in.

eg. Ionian = w w h w w w h

w = wholetone or two semitones, h = halftone or a semitone
Go to your local guitar store/music store and pick up a book called "Fret Board Logic." Best beginners book you could ever get and it has scales in it and explains how they are used in soloing/playing leads.
^ Agreed.

If you really want a good book I'd recommend Guitar Grimoire. But it can be very overwhelming if you're just beginning. It's very helpful though and in my opinion the best for learning scale positions.

Benny
ಥ_ಥ
^ Bleh.

I have Grimoire Exercises and Fretboard Logic. I've leafed through other Grimoire
books. I'd not recommend them. It's a lot of fluff.

Just to learn the basic scales and finger positions, you really don't need a book.
I'm sure there's tons of sites that have that diagrammed.

The very best book I've found so far on scale usage and patterns is Sheets of Sound.
It has a TON of fantastic scale patterns. That's really where the meat of improvis-
ation is. Not in straight ascending & descending scales. But, this books is only
most useful if you know your scales pretty cold up and down the entire fretboard.